Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Jul 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Gosh never heard of trains selling out! We are in commuter belt here though with hourly trains to Waterloo - prices so high that we very rarely venture to the capital though.

There was a recent Which report on how lots of internal plane routes were cheaper than rail, is that an option? London to Glasgow was half the price if you flew rather than took the train. Seems crazy.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

It’s probably due to social distancing on trains at the moment. We went to London a couple of weeks ago on the train and our train changed to a smaller one the day before and we got bumped off. Had to move to two separate trains 4 on one train and 2 on a train half an hour later! So things are a bit up in the air.

Hopefully it’ll change once the rules change as we’d like another trip to London before the school holidays end since all our other trips are cancelled.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Ryanair will get you from Liverpool to Stanstead (which is apparently in London) for £45 - you do have to go via Dublin though!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Judy I’ve just looked on the avanti app and there is loads of availablity from Runcorn that day. First pic is all trains inc changes and second pic is direct only
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I've booked now , tickets came back up before 😄 We have been allocated seats miles away from each other though but I'm sure I can sort that.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I've booked now , tickets came back up before 😄 We have been allocated seats miles away from each other though but I'm sure I can sort that.
Great! Have fun x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I have the same trouble at the minute because they’re only allocating the window seats for social distancing. I find them helpful on Twitter but they still haven’t changed their policies yet.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We got the train from Birmingham the other day and it looked like our seats were miles away, but we were actually just either side of the aisle.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

The seating is a nightmare, I am booked with my 3 children in August and we are spread out, none of us are together but 3 are table seats so hoping people will swap.
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going to London on the 24th, gave up on train and booked national express instead! Worcester to London two of us return 60 with a small discount via poloce sports and social. Wouldbe been about 80 without it. Will take a bit longer but dont care. Seats look comfy and booked in advance for both legs.