Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Jul 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Polynesian availability

We are now going in august 2022 to celebrate 2 missed 50 birthdays and a 20th wedding anniversary. Pushing the boat out as it’s probably going to be last for a while. Anyway have always loved Polynesian and was thrilled when I heard it was reopening for bookings . However since 19th July still not showing up for reservations. I phoned Disney to be told it’s booked out , how can it book out if it never showed up . Anyone else trying to book it ?
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The resort itself opened this week, but bookings had already been available for a few weeks. Yes, they really do go that quickly. Especially since it's a fairly small resort by Disney standards (less than 500 rooms) and WDTC UK only get allocated a fraction of those rooms to sell.

ETA: I've just run through August and the only availability Poly has is one night on the 31st. But it is there!

Edited at 03:48 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They have rooms available during AUg next year (I used 10-17 Aug) on the US disney site, so as suggested just initial UK website allocation gone and rooms are available.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The waltons View Post
We are now going in august 2022 to celebrate 2 missed 50 birthdays and a 20th wedding anniversary. Pushing the boat out as it’s probably going to be last for a while. Anyway have always loved Polynesian and was thrilled when I heard it was reopening for bookings . However since 19th July still not showing up for reservations. I phoned Disney to be told it’s booked out , how can it book out if it never showed up . Anyone else trying to book it ?
I sympathise over the missed 50th etc.

You could rent DVC points, would be much cheaper as well. However for UK trippers some people may want to ensure borders are open again first as this is going on for much longer than expected, or rent from an owner who would rent you 2022 year points for the trip with an agreement that if you cancelled more than 31 days out (and let’s face it you’d likely know by then) then it is agreed the points can be banked into 2022-23 so you could use them the following year.

People in the UK think renting DVC is risky in the current climate but it’s quite easy to come to an agreement with an owner like this.
Old 23 Jul 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I sympathise over the missed 50th etc.

You could rent DVC points, would be much cheaper as well. However for UK trippers some people may want to ensure borders are open again first as this is going on for much longer than expected, or rent from an owner who would rent you 2022 year points for the trip with an agreement that if you cancelled more than 31 days out (and let’s face it you’d likely know by then) then it is agreed the points can be banked into 2022-23 so you could use them the following year.

People in the UK think renting DVC is risky in the current climate but it’s quite easy to come to an agreement with an owner like this.
The reason people I the UK think it's risky is because historically it has been.

I lost a considerable sum renting through a Dibber, I have always acknowledged that our agreement was final and it was my risk, she made me a small return payment and did something with my booking.

It was not her fault it was the time, the system and my fault for taking the risk but I lost several thousand pounds. That why I consider it risky.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
They have rooms available during AUg next year (I used 10-17 Aug) on the US disney site, so as suggested just initial UK website allocation gone and rooms are available.
Can we book through the us site ?
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I agree, look into renting DVC points, just speak to your owner in advance and understand which use year the points are coming from to mitigate, understand and accept any potential risk, then you can both agree a plan based around what will happen to their points and therefore your cash, should the trip not be able to go ahead.

We're in a much stronger position this year to plan contingencies, no-one foresaw the park and border closures last year, it was impossible to plan for them, historically when a DVC booking has been cancelled it's down to the person renting, not the DVC owner, hence the risk being on the renter should they let the owner down and they consequently end up losing their points.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Yes as PP mentioned it has been available to book for a little while now. I am researching several dates for 2022 and it generally comes up in the searches, although the month I really want (September) only has availability towards the end of the month whereas I want the beginning. I think it is true that it is booked up.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can we book through the us site ?

Yes, you can. I have booked rooms via US site a few times, same for the single day tickets. It all gets stored in your account as per normal and magic bands etc are linked.

They have made it more difficult with redirection back to the UK often occuring, but this time I used a VPN to make it look like I was in US to check on availability and that obviously will work (although I was unable to post on thedibb with the vpn as it said the miami server was a source of spam, so switched back to UK to post )
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Does anyone know of any trustworthy free vpns to use? I don't want to sign up just to check the price/availability of the hotel but really want to book poly for 2022!