Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Latics View Post
This October
There’s really no way to plan for testing as we don’t know what the situation will be.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
Most travel agents are recommending booking testing 2 week's before departure given the uncertainty. Testing is one thing you def can't be refunded for and it costs hundreds
That’s my worry , waiting until last minute to book and not being able to book a test pre departure
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
That’s my worry , waiting until last minute to book and not being able to book a test pre departure
My worry would be the border not being open…

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Sorry I saw your countdown and thought it was for 2022. How last minute are we talking, under 2 week's?
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

To answer the question as things stand, if the US opened we are supposed to test within the last 3 days of the return flight and 2 days after returning home.

This could totally change if borders re open but it is the current guidance.
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gonnahappen
Having Dinner with Goofy

You’ll know 4-6 weeks before you can go if you’re going as you just have when you late august flight was cancelled a few weeks ago. This won’t be any sort of issue. If you’re going in mid October, you’ll know whether you’re going in the first 7-11 days of September which will mean if you are allowed to go you’ll have weeks to sort this. You won’t struggle to get a booking in any part of the country.
Gonnahappen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
Sorry I saw your countdown and thought it was for 2022. How last minute are we talking, under 2 week's?
I have a countdown for DLP for Feb 22, still hoping to get away to Orlando this year and August 2022 🙏
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by luckystrikes View Post
To answer the question as things stand, if the US opened we are supposed to test within the last 3 days of the return flight and 2 days after returning home.

This could totally change if borders re open but it is the current guidance.
I’m also thinking when the US borders open to the UK what sort of testing they’ll want us to have before being allowed in , could be even more tests to book ☹️
Old 24 Jul 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think this is one of those bridges that you need to cross when you come to it. There is no shortage of tests, you will get one if you need one. The more likely scenario is that you are not going to need one (an unpopular opinion to voice I know).
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

I'm at my wits end with it. Don't know what we will need to do or when.

I am just trying to relax a bit and wait and see how it all pans out over the next couple of weeks. Just hoping when the announcement of borders opening is made we get some clear guidance.
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List