Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Majik View Post
We did our online check in at 5.00am yesterday. It took just over 2 hours.
I am so pleased that I read through all the threads on here so had everything in place.
We had six of us to check in and our daughter and family do not live with us so had to get her to send through all the photos needed to us so that we were ready.
We found that driving licence photos loaded much quicker than passport ones.
Our port arrival time is 12.45pm
Could only get Dreams for the last night at 5.00pm which is actually a better time for us with two young children. We are on early dinning so have decided to ask our servers if we can move to second sitting for that night. If it is not possible there are plenty of options that we can choose. I am sure we will not go hungery.
You won’t be able to swap just for one night, and please don’t miss dinner - it is as much a ‘show’ as a meal.

You may well be able to go to a later showing of Dreams now - ask when on board.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You won’t be able to swap just for one night, and please don’t miss dinner - it is as much a ‘show’ as a meal.

You may well be able to go to a later showing of Dreams now - ask when on board.
Okay thank you.
It has been possible in the past (this is our 27th Disney cruise) but we are going with the midset that it will be what it will be and we will have a wonderful time whatever.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Majik View Post
Okay thank you.
It has been possible in the past (this is our 27th Disney cruise) but we are going with the midset that it will be what it will be and we will have a wonderful time whatever.
Ah OK, I am just going by what I’ve heard recently.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Ah OK, I am just going by what I’ve heard recently.
Of course. I appreciate your feedback.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Very excited, heading to Liverpool tomorrow, staying over before heading onboard on Tuesday

Just in time for the 3 days of torrential rain but that’s never stopped us having fun before!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Have a great time. I think the captain can search for sun to some degree so I hope you can avoid the worst of the rain.

I wished we had booked from
Liverpool but we were leaving enough time for my daughters final jab.

I’ve got two weeks to wait snd I just want to go now!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Unlikely to happen again as the Magic is already fully committed for next year. However, they are apparently giving out questionnaires to guests about it, so who knows in a few years?

However, a lot of the regular cruises are cheaper than these for much longer itineraries so worth looking on the website.
I guess with the Wish coming on stream next year and a further 2 ships still on order they could be trying to suss out if the staycations have been popular because it's our only option for a Disney fix, or would be popular even in normal times.

If they think it'll be popular in normal times (and they can continue charging more than they would for the US itineraries - whilst filling the ship) then I reckon we could see them again in the future.
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
Very excited, heading to Liverpool tomorrow, staying over before heading onboard on Tuesday

Just in time for the 3 days of torrential rain but that’s never stopped us having fun before!
It looks like we’re expecting more of the same when we board on Friday! I honestly don’t care so long as I can get on that ship.
We’re in Legoland tomorrow and Wednesday, so will be getting a good soaking there if the weather forecast is right, then indoors at Harry Potter on Thursday (just as the sun peeks out for a few hours!) and hopefully we’ll be on the Magic over the weekend, getting soaked again!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thinking of booking for 13 August. Is it too late do you think - in terms of activities and show? Not bothered about kids club, but would want to see the show. Many thanks!
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So the show is showing as fully booked for the 13th August. However if you go to guest services onboard they might be able to help. Currently they are trialling no reservation system but whether this remains or is changed no one knows. I would definitely say don't assume its going to be in place but they have been good at helping people without reservations prior to the trial as well so hopefully they could sort something. There are a lot of the paid for alcohol tastings available too. No kids club slots but again onboard they've been very accomadating