Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Having a nightmare with Amazon

I honestly could cry, I ordered a phone from them which was faulty. I was asked to return said phone and I explained I was away for the weekend and could I drop it off at the local Hermes collection place.

Now I have screenshots of the Amazon rep telling me to print their label and just to drop it off and get a receipt.

I did this and anyone who has ever used the drop off hubs know you get a little blue Hermes receipt with a bar code on.

Its been nearly 3 weeks now and the parcel is awol. It has completely messed up Hermes tracking me dropping it off as it says they tried to collect and would try again on the tracking (they never did any of that)

The only way the bar code I have on my receipt would match up with the tracking number on the parcel itself is if I had dropped it off, and it does. The receipt matches up with their posting label.

Today I have been told that the Hermes receipt is not a valid receipt and if I do not provide a valid receipt I will not get a refund. It is an expensive mobile phone so literally its 100's of pounds I am out of pocket.

I just dont know what more I can do at this point
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Amazon are usually pretty good. I’m a little bemused by the “ the Hermes receipt is not a valid receipt “ line as surely that is proof that you dropped the parcel off?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear this, Did you use the Hermes label provided by Amazon when they authorised the return as This usually triggers the refund very quickly?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

This is exactly what I said, there is no way that bar code could bring up that parcel if it had not been scanned when I dropped it off. They need to speak to Hermes as that is the only UK receipt Hermes give.
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Sorry to hear this, Did you use the Hermes label provided by Amazon when they authorised the return as This usually triggers the refund very quickly?

Yes I used the one they sent me.
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

The Hermes receipt is scanned at the drop off place. I would suggest that they either didn’t scan the parcel first or didn’t scan the receipt before handing it to you. I can imagine this accidental action could make items of value disappear if they wished. ( not an accusation but it would be easy to do……)
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Even if it wasn’t scanned at the drop off, the van driver would have and then it’s scanned again at the local depot.
I suggest live chatting Amazon back and explaining to them the issue.
I personally would not try to contact Hermes, they ‘contract’ is with Amazon and Hermes are awful to contact anyway.
Amazon are usually fab at sorting things out, they should sort it out.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wobblywibbly View Post
The Hermes receipt is scanned at the drop off place. I would suggest that they either didn’t scan the parcel first or didn’t scan the receipt before handing it to you. I can imagine this accidental action could make items of value disappear if they wished. ( not an accusation but it would be easy to do……)

When I type the barcode from the receipt into Hermes it links with the tracking number from Amazon though so they are def linked. The tracking has gone crazy on the Hermes system though as they apparently tried to collect, which they did not 3 days after I dropped it off.

The day I dropped it off it tracked that it had been dropped off, as I checked but its been overridden with the collection.

I am sure Hermes would be able to confirm this in the parcel history but there is literally no way to contact Hermes any more.
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Hermes are a nightmare. Their customer service is non existent.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Seems getting angry worked, I emailed the 3 email addesses I have been given this week. I gave them tracking links and explained clearly how Hermes receipts worked. I did say I wanted it esculated as I would be taking it further.

I have just received a refund email, thank goodness I felt so sick over it all but clearly its been reviewed by someone who can see I did everything I was told and have proof I did drop it off x