Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Dec 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Suggestions for a UK break

Our February trip to Florida looks to be all but cancelled as I can’t get insurance, due to ongoing undiagnosed issues. Sadly our annual policy expired as the issue started.

However, we’ve got time booked off work, so we’d like to have a trip in the UK instead. We’d be sailing into Heysham, Lancashire and would be taking our car. We usually head for Chester/Liverpool/Manchester areas but I fancy a change.

I’m not sure what we’re looking for. I can’t do much activity, walking is my limit, but I couldn’t do lots of hills or the like (I’m so embarrassed typing that, I’m only 32 )... I wondered about a couple of days in a town for a bit of shopping, cinema, etc and then a few days in the country in a nice hotel to enjoy the outdoors, spa, sit and read etc.

Would welcome some ideas please. I’m very poorly travelled in the UK!
Old 18 Dec 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
York probably worth a visit lots to see and do.

if you was going when its a bit warmer perhaps a boating holiday on the Norfolk broads
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Stanley House Spa Hotel in Mellor nr Blackburn is a lovely hotel in gorgeous settings. It’s not too far from Heysham (about 40 minutes) and has lots of shopping centres within a short drive, is close to a couple of cinemas and is close to the motorway network with the countryside or city centres of Manchester, Lancaster and Preston all within a 40 minute drive

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mini-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

I second York. We spent 3 days/2 nights. Some of the things we did were visit the air museum, railway museum, walked the walls, climbed the tower in the Minster and the York castle museum. I would go back again as there was lots more to do.
mini-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Bristol is lovely! Nice places to
Eat and drink and walk around the town
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

York for the city bit and then to the Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey for the luxury food/spa bit. Only 90 mins back to Heysham.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lake district? Lots of lovely hotels to choose from.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Bath is lovely.
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Split stay between Bath and the Cotswolds would be my preference but if you don't want to drive that far then Harrogate/ York would be lovely too.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
York for the city bit and then to the Devonshire Arms at Bolton Abbey for the luxury food/spa bit. Only 90 mins back to Heysham.
That sounds good.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List