Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Mar 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry about the leak MrsBC but good to hear you are booking things!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We've got a leak in the cold water tank and have a hole in our newly decorated bedroom ceiling so we need a new water tank and the hole sorting out! Luckily no other damage but the whole ceiling will need reskimming etc so bound to be further mess.
I just keep booking things - my diary is really filling up!
So sorry to hear of your leak and the hole in the ceiling 😔

Great news to hear of all your bookings. Are you booking holidays or theatre breaks? Both are great fun, I hope they are all successful and good ahead for you 🤞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So sorry to hear of your leak and the hole in the ceiling 😔

Great news to hear of all your bookings. Are you booking holidays or theatre breaks? Both are great fun, I hope they are all successful and good ahead for you 🤞
Thanks all - I’ve gone a bit mad. DH has said ‘step away from the computer’ 🤣
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Thanks all - I’ve gone a bit mad. DH has said ‘step away from the computer’ 🤣
I think that’s brilliant 😀 So good to have things to look forward to at last 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

How is everyone getting on? I’ve had a good week as I had my first jab on Wednesday and DH had his the week before. Both of us suffered some side effects but we’re just relieved to have had the vaccination and on our way to some protection from the virus

Other good news is I appear to have a lot of tulips popping up through the ground 😀 and I’ve started planting some veg seeds ready for the summer.

Plus we are finally allowed to travel here in Wales which means we can see our son and his fiancée again 💞 and also have a drive out for a walk somewhere if the weather is good.
Old 26 Mar 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've finally had our tank / ceiling repaired just need to let it dry and DH will paint it.
Our tulips are coming through nicely too - hope theyre as nice as the pics showed last year in my lockdown ordering frenzy
I've just got very annoyed about our theatre trip (posted in the theatre thread).
Good news about your vaccine. We're getting the first dose of the Crossover Trial placebo or vaccine next week, and the second on 21st April so we'll be covered whichever way round we've had them. I think we've both had the placebo already, as neither of us felt anything when we had the first 2 in November - so if I'm right we might get some side effects this time. We then get a booster in the autumn and stay on the trial till next year.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We've finally had our tank / ceiling repaired just need to let it dry and DH will paint it.
Our tulips are coming through nicely too - hope theyre as nice as the pics showed last year in my lockdown ordering frenzy
I've just got very annoyed about our theatre trip (posted in the theatre thread).
Good news about your vaccine. We're getting the first dose of the Crossover Trial placebo or vaccine next week, and the second on 21st April so we'll be covered whichever way round we've had them. I think we've both had the placebo already, as neither of us felt anything when we had the first 2 in November - so if I'm right we might get some side effects this time. We then get a booster in the autumn and stay on the trial till next year.
Great news about the ceiling and tank being fixed 😀 I’m excited to see if my tulips look as good as the packet too

I haven’t read your post on the theatre thread, I will pop on there and look. I do hope you haven’t had further cancellations, it’s so disappointing. I’ve just started booking some new bookings for the end of the year, I just hope they will go ahead

Good news about the vaccine trial for you. How good to be getting your vaccination but also helping out with the study too
Old 27 Mar 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
How is everyone getting on? I’ve had a good week as I had my first jab on Wednesday and DH had his the week before. Both of us suffered some side effects but we’re just relieved to have had the vaccination and on our way to some protection from the virus

Other good news is I appear to have a lot of tulips popping up through the ground 😀 and I’ve started planting some veg seeds ready for the summer.

Plus we are finally allowed to travel here in Wales which means we can see our son and his fiancée again 💞 and also have a drive out for a walk somewhere if the weather is good.
Great news about your jabs! And lovely that you can see your son.
We also have lots of tulips appearing. Really want to make the garden special this year no idea how to.

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Great news about your jabs! And lovely that you can see your son.
We also have lots of tulips appearing. Really want to make the garden special this year no idea how to.
How is the census job going Louise? Tulips seem to be doing well for all of us this year.

I don’t know how large your garden is, but how about putting in a nice seating area? Some sort of bench with an archway with trailing, sweet scented flowers over it maybe? I’ve always fancied doing that. Another thing I’ve seen a lot of people doing this year is painting car tyres and using those as planters. I think herbs look good in these. You could make a mini herb garden
Old 27 Mar 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Its going ok, but tiring, a lot of walking with a heavy bag!
Nice chatting to people though, especially the elderly.

Our garden is quite shaded, and quite narrow (not long, just wide and narrow behind our house) very difficult to do anything with! Hoping for new paving this year, if the landscapers can fit us in... we also have no depth of soil. No idea what the house was built on, but is so hard to plant anything. Will try post pictures.

Our trip reports -