Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Beach and sunset look beautiful. My parents have a caravan but its not something my husband will consider. I loved our caravan holidays as a child though.
It’s a different type of holiday and I think you either love it or hate it. We’ve had caravans for over 30 years now so I guess we must love it, although that doesn’t stop DH moaning about towing, hitching, emptying the waste water etc Despite doing the chores necessary, it’s still a relaxing holiday. We were sat outside our van in an almost empty caravan site last night at 11.30 silently watching the stars and moon in an amazing clear sky. It was beautiful
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
Imagineer

I bought a load of plants from the garden centre a few weeks back and they are growing really slowly but herbs are doing well, hopefully with a bit of decent weather (when it comes) they’ll put a spurt on...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I bought a load of plants from the garden centre a few weeks back and they are growing really slowly but herbs are doing well, hopefully with a bit of decent weather (when it comes) they’ll put a spurt on...
My veg are very slow growing this year, my flowers seem to be doing a little better and I’ve got a lovely crop of pansies this year. I’m hoping the weather will start to improve and help the veg a bit soon
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

How is everyone ?
Last week we had our first few days away (York) - really enjoyed just being out, eating, wandering, drinking, shopping (and booking a cruise on the Wish for next Sept while we ate afternoon tea!) 🙂

Then at the weekend we finally got the bedding plants in, had a bbq, went out for dinner with my brother and wife and I had brunch with friends - things are looking up and it feels great x
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
How is everyone ?
Last week we had our first few days away (York) - really enjoyed just being out, eating, wandering, drinking, shopping (and booking a cruise on the Wish for next Sept while we ate afternoon tea!) 🙂

Then at the weekend we finally got the bedding plants in, had a bbq, went out for dinner with my brother and wife and I had brunch with friends - things are looking up and it feels great x
Lovely photos, how nice to be able to get out and about and feel a little more normal again

We had our weekend away a few weeks ago which was so relaxing and enjoyable. Then the weekend after that we went out for a meal in a pub with our son and his fiancée. We sat outside undercover as we had the dogs with us, but it was still lovely to get out for a meal. Today our nephew and his young son visited us, we’d not seen them since last March. So it gave us a chance to give them their Christmas presents at last 💞 I couldn’t believe how much the 9 year old had grown and how much more mature he seemed, sad to have missed so much of him growing but good to see them again

My plants are still very mixed this year, with some successes such as my spinach, sweet corn, bok Choi and pansies and some failures as my spring onions failed to appear and my radish doesn’t seem to be doing so well this year either
Old 2 Jun 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Lovely photos, how nice to be able to get out and about and feel a little more normal again

We had our weekend away a few weeks ago which was so relaxing and enjoyable. Then the weekend after that we went out for a meal in a pub with our son and his fiancée. We sat outside undercover as we had the dogs with us, but it was still lovely to get out for a meal. Today our nephew and his young son visited us, we’d not seen them since last March. So it gave us a chance to give them their Christmas presents at last 💞 I couldn’t believe how much the 9 year old had grown and how much more mature he seemed, sad to have missed so much of him growing but good to see them again

My plants are still very mixed this year, with some successes such as my spinach, sweet corn, bok Choi and pansies and some failures as my spring onions failed to appear and my radish doesn’t seem to be doing so well this year either
We have 3 great nieces that we haven't seen for a very long time too - 2 of them wont know us We're really looking forward to DS and DiL coming down for the weekend in 10 days time - can't wait!
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We have 3 great nieces that we haven't seen for a very long time too - 2 of them wont know us We're really looking forward to DS and DiL coming down for the weekend in 10 days time - can't wait!
That will be a lovely get together for your family 💞

It’s DH’s 60th in 3 weeks time and I’ve booked a meal in a pub he likes and our DD will be home from uni and our son and his fiancée are secretly coming back too so we can surprise him with a meal out.
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

DH had his second jab today and mine is booked for Tuesday 🎉

He felt good when he came home and the weather has been glorious today so we drove to Barry Island which isn’t too far from home and went to the quieter area of the Knap and had a lovely stroll with the dog and a chip tea on the seafront.

Old 4 Jun 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Not much this week. Second dose of moderna vaccine...planning a visit to a swimming river

One man and his dog strumming the track
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

Not much this week. Second dose of moderna vaccine...planning a visit to a swimming river

One man and his dog strumming the track
Great news about your second jab 🎉

That river looks beautiful Is that your dog? He’s gorgeous 💞