Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
How have people returned tickets securely?

I am about to return our theme park tickets to Orlando Attraction Tickets. They have said to return secure recorded delivery. I went to the post office, who told me that they would only be covered up to £500,but could do special delivery, but that would only cover up to £2,500. The tickets total a lot more than that. What have other people done? I have contacted Orlando Attraction Tickets to see if I need to return as two lots, or if it's okay to send as one.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
dadio
Excited about Disney
 
dadio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05
I did special delivery last week insured for £1600 cost me £10.50
Got confirmation that they recieved them couple days later
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Princesses 3
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Sep 19
I returned them without the insurance. Fortunately they got there no problem but I wouldn’t recommend it as I was sweating!
Princesses 3 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
anneeb
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I returned them without the insurance. Fortunately they got there no problem but I wouldn’t recommend it as I was sweating!
I bet that was the longest few days ever
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
anneeb
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
I did special delivery last week insured for £1600 cost me £10.50
Got confirmation that they recieved them couple days later
Thanks for this, I'm going to send them back by special delivery, I'll have to split them so that they are all covered. I emailed OAT and they have said that as long as I put booking reference with both then that will be okay.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
rudie111
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Sep 19
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Thanks for this, I'm going to send them back by special delivery, I'll have to split them so that they are all covered. I emailed OAT and they have said that as long as I put booking reference with both then that will be okay.
I was just about suggest splitting them. Ours were £1800. Special delivery could cover this amount but I didn't know there was a cap
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
anneeb
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
I was just about suggest splitting them. Ours were £1800. Special delivery could cover this amount but I didn't know there was a cap
To be honest, I wouldn't have known but for the woman behind the counter, I would have ended up just sending it as one package.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
rudie111
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Sep 19
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't have known but for the woman behind the counter, I would have ended up just sending it as one package.
We have only just received our money back. Floridatix were quoting refund within 60 days (this is from their email confirmation and not from receipt of tickets). Money was in my account almost to the day.

I had toyed with the idea of going next year with extended tickets but as it would be our first time I want to wait to get the full experience (whenever that will be)
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
anneeb
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Thanks for advice, I've just returned them using Special Delivery. I split them into 2 packages so each is covered for £2,500.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
anneeb
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Thanks for advice, I've just returned them using Special Delivery. I split them into 2 packages so each is covered for £2,500.
I'm happy to say that both packages were received and signed for. What a relief, I hardly slept on Tuesday night.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 4th September 7:52am
Walt Disney Travel Company is excited to announce the launch of its brand-new, star-studded podcast... Read More »
Posted in Busch gardens
On 23rd August 3:59pm
Today, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced that Iron Gwazi will open as North America’s tallest... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 19th August 8:17am
FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services will be retired at Walt Disney World and Disneyland... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X