Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
after 3 cancellations to Florida 20, Feb 21 half term as expected cancelled
next event Easter canaries 10 nights ( doubtful)
Vegas may half term 1 week ( 50/50 at best)
August 21 75% optimistic (4 weeks ( 2 week i drive 2 x 1 week cruises)
Thailand 2 weeks Xmas 90% optimistic
Hoping by having a vaccination certificate may free up travel, clutching at straws.

Would be pretty unbearable wearing masks in the august heat and humidity, plus with my parents both in the 80s who would struggle
Do you think masks will still be required in August? I’m actually wondering if Disney will keep that rule in place for the whole of 2021 🤷🏼
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CCFCRJ View Post
I was more concerned with Dominic Raab in the media yesterday saying people shouldn't be looking at holidays. As foreign secretary it probably shows that the foreign office is unlikely to change their travel guidance any time soon. That and the rumours of a hotel quarantine put me off booking anything at this time. They seem to have stepped up the border control and there are a few barriers that need removing now before we can go in August

This is the same Dominic Raab who changed travel restrictions with hours notice, and then back again, and then back again. I don't see how any of them can "know", but saying it wont happen and then it does is like expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

That's what I'm doing anyway!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Do you think masks will still be required in August? I’m actually wondering if Disney will keep that rule in place for the whole of 2021 🤷🏼
yes and well into 2022
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida virgin View Post
We are booked to come out on 24th Aug
I must admit with each day that passes i am becoming less optimistic.
I am seriously thinking of rebooking Aug 2022.
I keep having wobbles too!
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
yes and well into 2022
I disagree, I think they will be dropped when the temperature starts to creep up.
People will not want to wear masks in 38" heat all day.
I'm quite surprised the introduced masks.
They are a business at the end of the day, yet people see them as some kind of people loving establishment.
They need to make, and want to make money.
People's health will come second, as long as they do enough not get law suite on their hands they will do what they can to increase profits
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
I disagree, I think they will be dropped when the temperature starts to creep up.
People will not want to wear masks in 38" heat all day.
I'm quite surprised the introduced masks.
They are a business at the end of the day, yet people see them as some kind of people loving establishment.
They need to make, and want to make money.
People's health will come second, as long as they do enough not get law suite on their hands they will do what they can to increase profits
But they made people wear masks last august, not sure why next august would be any different, unless the virus is completely under control x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

If anyone watches rixflix hes predicting that masks will be down graded to optional soon - fingers crossed!

I’m booked for 2.5 weeks september 4th 21 , praying i get to go 😭😭
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post
If anyone watches rixflix hes predicting that masks will be down graded to optional soon - fingers crossed!
Biden want 100 days of compulsory mask wearing.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post

I’m booked for 2.5 weeks september 4th 21 , praying i get to go 😭😭
I cant see that personally-they are militant about masks in much of America (excessively so, IMO, given the less than decisive evidence that they make much difference). Plus as someone said before, Biden seems to want to make them compulsory - although they refused too lockdown at all or for any worthwhile length of time in much of US, because `my rights`, so good luck with that...

We are booked for October, and im hopeful but still think its 50/50-its not so much dependent on our vaccination programme in the UK, which seems to be going quite well, but the US. Will they be sufficiently far into theirs to have the confidence to reopen the borders? Its hard to know.

The positive news is that reports are coming out of Israel, who are even further ahead with their vaccinations than the UK or US, that tests have indicated the vaccines DO have a material impact on stopping human-human transmission. If more evidence supporting that comes out, its a game changer, because the more people are vaccinated, then the risk of getting ill AND the risk of transmitting the disease to others, are both drastically reduced.

In which case, confidence in everything, including travel, will skyrocket.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I have read that mask wearing outside isn't that effective anyway as the risk of transmission is very low if you're not in close proximity to someone for long periods of time.

Wearing them when watching fireworks/parades makes sense but wearing them on rides and walking around seems crazy to me. But then I'm no scientist so what do I know. 😕

Edited at 05:16 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List