Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Apr 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Cricut maker/machine

I’m thinking of buying one of these as they look fab for crafts!
Do any dibbers have one? And if you do what kind of stuff do you make etc!
Old 4 Apr 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

DW has one and does all sorts. Cards Xmas decs, labels , list is endless

Loads of online videos as well of people showing how to do different things
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I bought the maker last year and I love it. I have made custom t-shirts, cushion covers, door signs, window box birthday frames, cards, personalised aprons and loads more. I love it but as work has gotten busier I now have less time to use it. Keep an eye on Costco as the do bundles, which gives you mats, tools, vinyls and more. Much better value than buying everything separately. Once you know what you want to make, it is cheaper to buy vinyl directly from a sign company, I use MDP but there are loads of others and it is much cheaper to buy by the metre than getting the A4/5 sheets off Amazon. Check out Jennifer Maker’s YouTube videos, she is fantastic.

Edited at 01:06 PM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Thanks Sparksy! Looks like o want to make similar stuff to you! Is it the cricut machine that costs around £300 That I need ?
Old 4 Apr 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

I’m not certain but I think a lady I work with has one and she makes some lovely things with it
Old 4 Apr 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

My daughter has the Cricut Maker and the Cricut Joy.
The maker is good if you want to cut a variety of material, you can also buy an engraving tool and engrave acrylic etc (really cool!).
She’s recently bought the Joy and uses that for quick items and also card making *the joy has a card mat and you can buy card inserts so really quick to make cards!

Costco often have bundles on offer which are good value , Hobbycraft too. (Also John Lewis but not as often).

If we can help with any questions, ask away 🙂
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Thanks Sparksy! Looks like o want to make similar stuff to you! Is it the cricut machine that costs around £300 That I need ?
Hi Sunset Girl, yes it is the Cricut Maker, there is also the Cricut Air and the smaller one is the Cricut joy. On mine I can cut vinyl, card paper, fabric, plastics and some thin timber. You need permanent or non-permanent vinyl for signs cards glasses etc and heat transfer vinyl (HTV) for cushions and t-shirts.

Pinterest also has loads of great ideas. Be warned, it is very addictive!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

I have Brother Scan n Cuts (similar to a Cricut), but I also follow some of the fb groups for Cricut. I mainly make cards, but use my SnC for lots of other things too including ... cake toppers, vinyl for decorating bottles, lanterns, wedding seating plans; heat transfer vinyl for t-shirts, canvases and pencil cases; stencils; glass etching masks; paper craft modelling, so many uses! I also teach using svg software at our local SnC group.
Just a small sample of some of the things I've made recently.

90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters

Edited at 09:32 AM.
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Wow thanks ladies! I didn’t realise the cricut can basically make anything! I certainly will be back on here for more advice
I love those mickey jars
Thanks for all your help I’m going to have a look around to get the cricut maker I’ve already checked Costco and their out of stock
X
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have spent Easter weekend researching the cricut, I phoned a friend who has one and asked her what the difference was between the cricut air mint (£199) and the cricut maker (£299) these were the best prices I could find, ie what does the more expensive one offer over the lower cost one, she just "darling just buy the best one you can afford" this was no help whatsoever, so I phoned another friend who is one of the demonstrators on craft TV, she said if I buy cricut, I have to link it to my computer and not to use my normal printer, I would need a separate printer to use the subliminal ink, she has always used a Brother scanNcut, it is a stand alone, you do not need to link it to the computer or use a printer, she said it was very robust and reliable and does everything and more than the cricut, but it is twice the price of the cricut, I think I need to be able to test drive one before I whack out c£500 so will wait until the shops open and I can get a demonstration.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List