Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 14 Apr 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
flossy_h
Excited about Disney

Sawgrass Mills

Has anyone been shopping at Sawgrass Mills? Is it any good?
flossy_h is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Yes been twice, 4/5 years ago.

It's like the Orlando Premium Outlets, but indoors, bigger with more shops and much easier to get lost in! There was a Super Target there, so that was handy, and I seem to remember a Rainforest Cafe too...we never got all the way around it.

We prefer (ok I prefer!) Dolhpin Mall - less shops to walk round!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, we went 3 years ago - it's very large and indoors. I remember buying a hand bag in Vera Bradley and would have bought some bath and bodyworks stuff! We had dinner in the Cheesecake factory there and stayed at the Doubletree nearby on the way up from Miami. Had a lovely breakfast at First Watch the next day on our way up to Hutchinson Shores. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

We did the Dolphin Mall on the way home as it's close to Miami airport.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Yes we tend to pay a visit there every year but we stay in Fort Myers so make a day of it.
I think I'm correct in saying its the largest outlet centre in Florida depending on how quick you shop you would be hard pushed to do it all in a day. Probably not number one for bargains, for me that is still Miromar, but we do probably the lions share of our shopping at SM.
There are all the major brands there with the shops tending to be a lot bigger there than elsewhere, plus they have a Century21 huge department like store where you'll find all the designer brands.

Its it worth a visit, if you like shopping then defo...!

Edited at 11:59 AM.
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

We have been a couple of times - there are loads of shops but for me it was more like a shopping centre like Florida Mall than Outlets. Very few bargains to find but loads of stores.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We’ve been twice and I like to fly home from Miami so we can go there on the way back! So many shops and also a Disney Character Warehouse for anyone who might be interested.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Yep we’ve been twice when on way to Miami
It’s big & easy to get lost 🤦😳
Good bargains just like all the other outlets 💰💰🇺🇸
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I see on Instagram they have got a Primark there!

I think it may be on our list this year fingers crossed
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Been many times and embarrassed the amount of time we can spend in there.
Did find better bargains than in Orlando outlet malls, but have only visited on way up to Orlando from Miami.
This year (travel willing) we will be flying direct into Orlando, so will make a day trip as we love it that much 😁

Do factor in a whole day as it'll need it

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We’ve been about half a dozen times usually after getting off the ship (Caribbean cruise) - we rent a car, head out to the mall for some therapy and then have a leisurely lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen or Bahama Breeze before heading off to the airport (FLL or MIA). It’s a huge mall with all the usual stores, last time we were there (2018) I got a load of bargains at Under Armour. The only problem is stuffing it in the cases and staying within our baggage allowance!😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List