Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What do you think of this

Next March we spending 14 nights in Las Vegas but I was thinking of going to Disneyland for say 4 days in the middle just taken a few things not all luggage
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a plan..flights from Vegas to LAX are around £99 return with hand luggage only at the start of March. John Wayne in Santa Ana is nearer, but will cost more than double.

As we both know, LV hotels are good value, so it makes sense to keep your room and save on Hold Luggage prices.

It is a fair old way from LAX to Anaheim (where Disneyland is).

Sounds strange, but you could do Orlando for not much more!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:26 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

I would go on either end of your trip and take all of your luggage with you. Are you planning to drive or fly? In theory, it is about a 5 hour drive with traffic it would be longer. Alternatively You could fly from Las Vegas to LAX but LA traffic is a nightmare. Southwest also flies to Santa Ana Airport at decent prices in advance.. They have really good luggage policies.

Edited at 09:31 PM.
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CADisneymum View Post
I would go on either end of your trip and take all of your luggage with you. Are you planning to drive or fly? In theory, it is about a 5 hour drive with traffic it would be longer. Alternatively You could fly from Las Vegas to LAX but LA traffic is a nightmare. Southwest also flies to Santa Ana Airport at decent prices in advance.. They have really good luggage policies.
Most probably flyn
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Most probably flyn
Then check out Southwest Airlines, 😊 take a look a their baggage polices.
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

If you could fly into John Wayne Airport (SNA) it’s closer and with kinder traffic than LAX for Disneyland. There’s a special Disney shuttle thing (I assume it’s still running since Covid but do check)

Sounds like a great idea to me
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Doh! CADisneymum already said that 😂 sorry Kevin!
Old 29 Jun 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
If you could fly into John Wayne Airport (SNA) it’s closer and with kinder traffic than LAX for Disneyland. There’s a special Disney shuttle thing (I assume it’s still running since Covid but do check)

Sounds like a great idea to me
John Wayne seems to be charging more than twice the price of LAX..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks all my partner not a good flyer so I might look at the greyhound bus yes I know it over 5 hours but better for partner.🙂
Old 29 Jun 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have done a couple of trips out of Vegas. We just made sure no valuables were left but everything was fine in the room. I’m sure we put the do not disturb sign up. Really enjoyed getting a trip away.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List