Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

VA Reward Flights cancellations, what are you doing?

Hi,

I am really struggling to decide what to do. My outbound is cancelled, so my options are A- charge to a later date ( I need August so I cannot move directly to August) take a voucher or refund.

I dont know which option to choose to be honest so wondered what others are doing. Also my inbound is not cancelled and as I booked upon release its not classed as 1 booking so I think my option for that is just to pay the £180.00 to cancel (we are a family of 6) or move to a random date and then move again.

I am not touching the return yet as it may still get cancelled so will leave that till last minute to change.
Old 1 Jul 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are in the same boat - booked for 10th August which I am expecting to get cancelled but need to book again for August 22 which isn't released yet. we booked each flight when it was released but then had them linked to form a return so hoping if they cancel one the other will automatically be cancelled.

We could take the refund but then reward flights are so limited for next year but without the flights being released then other than a refund I don't know what other option there is
Old 1 Jul 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi - I have just had this dilemma with Virgin too as our Upper Class Reward flight got cancelled - it was a return so no issue with 2 bookings.

They offered a travel voucher valid to April 2023 but advised that as flights were not yet released for next summer I would need reward availability to rebook to next July as you would normally.
I could have booked say for Easter 2022 and they would have put me on any flight but just not suitable for us.

In the end the refund was the only option - they also extended my credit card vouchers which I had used to upgrade to Upper by a year so I can use for next summer ..

All we need now is reward flight availability for next July when they are released :-)
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I keep pushing mine on hoping that cancellations will eventually happen when I’m within 331 days of the flights I need for 2022.

If it doesn’t happen I’ll cancel and take a refund.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Am I likely to be given the option to move my reward flights onto October if September doesn't go ahead? 🤔 Does anyone know? I've been worried about availability.
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We had flights booked for 25th July - mix of award, companion and paid. The only real option we had was a refund. Flights weren't open to move free of charge to next July (when we are next able to travel) and vouchers would not guarantee that we would get like for like for no extra cost on release in September.

We did consider just moving the flight on week by week in hope that it would be cancelled once the July flight window opened (Mid Sept) but the risk was too great for us that the US-UK corridor would open and we would be stuck with flights we couldn't take and couldn't get refunded.

It was a real Hobson's choice and made me very sad

Note: we were told if we took vouchers we would not be able to get a refund should the flights be out of our price range come September and also if we booked lesser flights (we had UC) do reduce cost and it was less than the voucher we would not be given any refund.
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

If you have a reward flight for this year are they allowing you to swop to a month that perhaps has no reward seat availability or does there have to be a reward seat available?
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I’m sitting on two open tickets right now, from two different cancelled trips both of which were reward seat bookings

They are both UC but there is zero availability for UC reward seats so I feel like I’m a bit stuck to be honest.

I’m checking Seat Spy every day (multiple times ) but there has been nothing in PE or UC for a very, very long time.

I’m really flexible on dates and have called Virgin a couple of times but the only way I can use them, is if reward seat availability pops up.
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
If you have a reward flight for this year are they allowing you to swop to a month that perhaps has no reward seat availability or does there have to be a reward seat available?
This is what I was wondering, too!
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
I’m sitting on two open tickets right now, from two different cancelled trips both of which were reward seat bookings

They are both UC but there is zero availability for UC reward seats so I feel like I’m a bit stuck to be honest.

I’m checking Seat Spy every day (multiple times ) but there has been nothing in PE or UC for a very, very long time.

I’m really flexible on dates and have called Virgin a couple of times but the only way I can use them, is if reward seat availability pops up.

This is my fear 😢