Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

US Travel Insurance FCDO Advice

The government state the following;

"the recommendation for people to not travel to amber countries will also be removed from 19 July – people should continue to check FCDO travel advice before booking travel"

I found that at

gov.uk/government/news/q...list-countries

Whilst the FCDO advice for some amber countries has been changed recently, the US hasn't changed, in that they advise against all non essential travel.

Reading the government website above, I'm just lost as to what it means... does it mean that for twice jabbed folks, the government now says it's fine with regards to covid considerations, but will the FCDO still go against this with some amber countries.

What's your take on this?

This is critical to finding reasonably priced travel insurance... just wish I had a crystal ball.

Thanks in advance.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hello again

I read this as the FCDO advice (also mentioned in Shapps's statement) still prevails notwithstanding changes of colours but one would hope that the Cabinet and FCDO might be singing from the same hymn sheet soon?

Mick
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

FCDO have changed the advice for most amber countries this evening but looks like they've not changed it for US yet
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
FCDO have changed the advice for most amber countries this evening but looks like they've not changed it for US yet
I subscribe to FCDO emails and I'll gladly put the DIBB in meltdown as soon as I get one to confirm the USA removal.

Mick
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Or Mexico... or Sweden, just two I looked at.

There's a thread going on across on Twitter, that Simon Calder has retweeted, which has people listing all amber countries that have had their status changed on the FCDO website...

Who knows what's going on.

All we can do is keep looking 🙂👍
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hello again

I read this as the FCDO advice (also mentioned in Shapps's statement) still prevails notwithstanding changes of colours but one would hope that the Cabinet and FCDO might be singing from the same hymn sheet soon?

Mick
🤣 Hello Mick, thanks for the reply.

I'm just baffled... but like the Wife tells me, that doesn't take much.

The Wife wants us to pay the £1550 insurance, and just go... but it's just too much for me.

I'll keep checking the US & Mexico.

I've read about a chap called Jonathan who's currently in Barbados I believe, and will be transiting to the US after his 14 days relaxation is over... I wonder what he's doing for insurance 🙂

All good fun.
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
🤣 Hello Mick, thanks for the reply.

I'm just baffled... but like the Wife tells me, that doesn't take much.

The Wife wants us to pay the £1550 insurance, and just go... but it's just too much for me.

I'll keep checking the US & Mexico.

I've read about a chap called Jonathan who's currently in Barbados I believe, and will be transiting to the US after his 14 days relaxation is over... I wonder what he's doing for insurance 🙂

All good fun.
There's two very big current threads about how to circumvent the proclamation and get to the USA via Mexico or the Caribbean. I've posted a couple of times but it's fairly clear to me that most people don't seem to worry that they'll have no medical cover while the FCDO advisory is in place.

Obviously they aren't all 75 and post-cancer. We'd like to hang on to our house and other assets.

Mick
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
There's two very big current threads about how to circumvent the proclamation and get to the USA via Mexico or the Caribbean. I've posted a couple of times but it's fairly clear to me that most people don't seem to worry that they'll have no medical cover while the FCDO advisory is in place.

Obviously they aren't all 75 and post-cancer. We'd like to hang on to our house and other assets.

Mick
🤣 So there's the pay off... understood.

It's certainly a risk.

Ah well... we'll keep thinking 😅
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

10 years ago I broke my foot in orlando. I went to hospital had 1 x- ray, 1 pain killer a foam ankle boot and a set of crutches. I had insurance with AXA so didn't need to worry about anything. A month or so after returning I received a hospital bill which was over £10,000 after conversion to pounds. I can honestly say I would never travel anywhere without insurance especially after experiencing how much such a small amount of medical attention costs. Accidents can happen to anyone and I'd never recommend going without it.
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Mick, my mums insurance thru nationwide confirmed she had medical cover to go via Mexico to denver to visit my brother. She's been out of the uk around five weeks now, and is outside of battleface age range with medical conditions covered, although not post cancer. It was an annual policy.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List