Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jul 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Very Merriest After Hours News

The holidays are my favorite time of year, and I’m so happy to be celebrating Halfway to the Holidays today! Because today it’s official – the merry season will begin Nov. 12 at Walt Disney World Resort during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” marking the resort’s 50th anniversary.

Festive entertainment, whimsical décor, seasonal food and drinks, and holiday-themed merchandise will all be a part of this very special season at our theme parks, Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs.

Here’s a sneak peek of some of the magical experiences you can expect this season at Walt Disney World Resort:

Magic Kingdom Park

Holidays are sure to be enchanting at Magic Kingdom Park, where quintessential decorations will return to Main Street, U.S.A. When the sun sets, special holiday projections will appear most nights on Cinderella Castle, alternating periodically with the castle’s transformation into a Beacon of Magic.* What a great way to celebrate the holidays and the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!

Now, talk about an early holiday gift… “Disney Very Merriest After Hours,” a new special-ticketed event, will debut Nov. 8 before all the rest of the festive fun. It will be available on select nights through Dec. 21. The four hours of festivities will delight guests with “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” Disney characters throughout the park, holiday music and décor, treats included and so much more! As with other Disney After Hours events, a limited number of tickets will be sold for this event. It’s held after regular park operating hours, with lower wait times and access to more than 20 select attractions.

Tickets will go on sale next month, with an early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Sunset Seasons Greetings returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as the Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel on Sunset Boulevard will twinkle once again with projection effects, magically transforming into a snowy corner of Arendelle, a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a Dickensian village inspired by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” This holiday show will also alternate with the tower’s nightly transformation into a Beacon of Magic.
Santa Claus will bring some North Pole cheer to a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard. You will also be able to enjoy “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration,” with its festive finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf. Minnie Mouse is also returning to host her festive meal at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Minnie and her friends will be donning their holiday best – even Santa Goofy will be there! And throughout the season, vintage-themed holiday décor will shine bright across the park.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

It will be a wild holiday time at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park with the return of seasonal décor and festive Disney character flotillas sailing down Discovery River to the sounds of joyful songs of the season. The park’s centerpiece – The Tree of Life – becomes another Beacon of Magic most nights during the 50th anniversary celebration. During the holiday season there’s even more magic inspired by nature as the holiday edition of Tree of Life Awakenings also takes place most nights.

EPCOT

Where can you enjoy traditions from around the world, with inspiring music, tasty treats and family-friendly experiences? If you guessed EPCOT … … you are correct! The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will return this year, from Nov. 26 – Dec. 30, with Holiday Kitchens around the park, performances by Voices of Liberty, the guest favorite Cookie Stroll and more!

Disney Springs

You can happily discover whatever you’re after this holiday season at Disney Springs. The shopping, dining and entertainment destination will transform into a winter wonderland, full of sparkling lights, enchanting décor and holiday surprises. This year sees the return of the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll, with elaborately decorated, Disney-themed trees – some new and some inspired by “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”

A magical snowfall will add a touch of wonder for holiday shoppers in Town Center.

Here, you can find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, including yourself. Discover holiday ornaments, matching family pajamas, festive Spirit Jerseys, and more – be sure to check your list twice so you don’t forget any holiday must-haves! There will even be themed food and beverages; one of my favorite spots, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, will once again transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar, with delightful décor and a delicious limited-time menu filled with festive favorites.

Disney Resort Hotels

Our Disney Resort hotels will be decked for the holidays, with iconic trees and other seasonal touches. And a guest favorite will return this year, as select gingerbread displays will once again be part of our holiday season! Also at select resorts, you will find restaurants offering holiday menus and specialty food and drink.

We’ll have so much more Walt Disney World Resort holiday fun to share with you in the months to come. In the meantime, be sure to be on Santa’s nice list and keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for all of our holiday news!
*Beacons of Magic will be available nightly at select theme parks.
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-world-resort/

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Memories4You is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I was disappointed (but not surprised) when I first saw it was an after hours event, but it's four hours instead of the usual three and comes with Christmas fireworks. So that's more interesting than the standard events, including Boo Bash.

Not going this year, but will probably purchase a ticket next year if it's the same again. Which I suspect it will be, I think the days of closing the park early for parties are gone.

Edited at 01:48 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Very Merry Christmas to be replaced.

It's been reported on a few sources that there NO VERY MERRY THIS YEAR.

Instead there will be a new After Hours Event called "Disney Very Merriest After Hours".
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 02:53 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Confirmed on the parks blog, just FYI:

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-world-resort/

ETA: The official page for it is up now too:

disneyworld/events...t-after-hours/

Edited at 02:33 PM.
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Same thing they did with Halloween.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Disney's Very Merriest After Hours!

Disney has finally announced what will be taking over MVMCP this year and that is Disney's Very Merriest After Hours!

The new event will debut on November 8, 2021 and run select nights through December 21, 2021. It will be a four-hour event that includes holiday décor, treats, characters, and music!

Tickets go on sale next month, and are available for a limited number of guests per evening to keep attraction lines low at the over 20 rides that remain open for After Hours Events

It will more than likely be very similar to how the Boo Bash has been in terms of event style and ticket prices, but might be good for those wanting to get a dose of Disney Christmas magic!

I'm not there over Christmas but I have personally bought tickets to Boo Bash, my thinking is as much as its over priced this could be the only year they run these events so I'd love to say I was there!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I'm not there over Christmas but I have personally bought tickets to Boo Bash, my thinking is as much as its over priced this could be the only year they run these events so I'd love to say I was there!
I would be very surprised if this is a one year only deal. I suspect these are the permanent replacements to the parties. They can charge more and don't have to shut the park early to run them. Win win in Disney's book.

Having said I wouldn't buy another AH event after being disappointed by my 2019 one, I probably will book this one next year. Four hours in the park is what swung me.
Old 12 Jul 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Does anyone know roughly an idea off what prices will be? Xx
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Does anyone know roughly an idea off what prices will be? Xx
These were the prices for the Halloween one, so I’d guess they’d be similar:

“Tickets start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween”
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Because it's four hours with fireworks, I'm expecting them to be higher again. Probably starting at $149-$169 if I was to guess. But we shall see!