Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jul 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
VIP Dibber

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What is your hat of choice ladies?

Iíve realised this afternoon while sitting in the glorious sunshine in our garden that my head is going to be bright pink if I donít wear some type of head covering next July in Orlando.

Looking for some recommendations- have a few Disney baseball caps but would like to explore other options.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have a few skips and a couple of straw fedoras that are packable
I actually prefer the skips
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I have a few skips and a couple of straw fedoras that are packable
I actually prefer the skips
You wear prawn flavoured crisp snacks on your head? Oh, I never wear a hat, I shade hug instead, but I think you can get spray in sunscreen for your scalp.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I almost never wear hats in Disney and so far have gotten away without getting sunburned on my scalp!

If I do wear a hat though I guess my hat of choice would be a baseball cap - easy to squash into a bag somewhere. (I actually bought one in Disney in 2019 but never needed to use it!)
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I've started wearing a wide brim straw hat that I bought in Turkey because no matter how much sun cream ( Factor 50 ), I wore or reapplied I was burning the back of my neck.
I normally only use a spray - I think the brand is Calypso or Malibu for my scalp. I bought it in B&M Bargains
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Apprentice Imagineer

I seem to have an unusually large head and have never found a hat that fits well. So I usually do without and my hair has always been sufficient to avoid a sunburnt scalp. I am thinking of trying a baseball cap next time I am there though.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

I fell in love with a sort of straw cloche hat on Facebook last year. I've actually never worn it but it is adjustable as I also have a large head.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Who's going to ask what a skip is?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Scottish golf term for a visor
Google ladies golf visor
Yet something else lost in translation
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Wear a mask it's cheaper, good to recycle 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List