Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

Expedia anyone used please

Just on the off chance that I have to move my holiday to next year, virgin are nearly £2000 more for the same holiday I end of March.
Had a little look around by breaking down the holiday doing accommodation and flights (with virgin flying direct) with Expedia, buying park tickets independently through attractions tickets direct and a rough price for car hire it’s the same price as I’m paying for September give or take a £100 or so.

Has anyone used Expedia like this I’ve always done the virgin package before. ThAnk you in advance.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CG1
Excited about Disney

I always prefer to book flights direct with the airline, as it's bit me in the bum before when I haven't. I book a lot of hotels on expedia though, or go direct with the hotels if it's cheaper. I tend to go for free cancellation, even before all this started.

Note:- I managed to get a hotel cancelled through expedia in 2019 that stated no cancelations- expedia just got me to get the go ahead from the hotel manager, who was sympathetic to our situation.
CG1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve used Expedia for years for hotels, cars and attraction tickets as they often have better prices. I check everywhere and book the cheapest price.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We booked through Expedia for Orlando last year, flights and hotel for 10 of us. Didn't have any problems getting it all refunded when it all got cancelled. Would book with them again,.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Slartibartfast
Proud to wear my Ears

At a time when flight cancellations and changes are common you are better off booking flights direct - but by all means search for the rest with an OTA
Slartibartfast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have used them a fair bit (but prefer EBookers).
I have never had any issues with them.. including cancelling several items due to Covid.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I haven't used them in a long time as I usually book direct now but no issues in the past. Would use again.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I’ve used Expedia a lot for hotels and have my universal hotel booked with them with free cancellation. Also you can use Quidco to get a decent discount. Always book direct for flights.
pdcdad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

I recognise many people use Expedia however I booked Virgin UC flights a few years ago and got to the hotel and they cancelled our tickets basically they were very good prices and were not going to make or even loose money eventually after a 30 min call they compromised and offered premium flights the lady at Virgin advised us not to accept this after another stressful 45 mins they sent UC tickets through disgraceful and vow never to use again
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I much prefer to book with the actual supplier. But have used Expedia many times and they have been fine.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List