Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Anyone had a colonoscopy? :(

I've been told I need to have one and am really not looking forward to it at all. No date yet but yea feeling very sorry for myself. Need a hug

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
🤗 🤗 🤗
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes - nothing to it. The prep is the worst part - they may offer you gas and air or sedation. I refused both as I wanted it done and it out of there. Didnt feel anything at all and you can even watch on the screen as they do it. Its one of those procedures which is good to have
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had one last year, not pleasant but tolerable. Prep the day before - don't plan on being too far from a toilet! I had mine without sedation, just entonox, could feel the scope going round, corners (splenic and hepatic flexures) were uncomfortable.
On the whole, better than the barium enema I had many years ago 😮

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I had one in January, the prep the day before is hideous, no point in me sugar coating it, went to the loo 18 times, don’t move far from it! I had sedation, woke up at the end just in time to watch them take 2 polyps off!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I have them every year and I find them fine. Just do the prep properly and get sedation. You will be fine.

My last one was 15 minutes, I'm a pro now 🤣
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Hi

I have had several of these over last few years. As others have said, the prep the worst part. The actual procedure-nothing to it. Maybe a slight uncomfortable for some. I had sedation as I get anxious all the time but it is such a small amount, it soon wears off after the procedure.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Had one. What joy, I would have preferred to be asleep as I met one of the nurses in town a few weeks later. A bit of an awkward moment when we realised where we had last met.

A few months later I had to have a cystoscopy. Yep, you guessed it. Same nurse in the theatre. It was clear from that point that this 3rd chance encounter was not going to end up as a happy ever after.

Met her again a few years later and had a good laugh about it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, I will definitely stay nr my loo the day before. Why do we have to do these things

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Thanks everyone, I will definitely stay nr my loo the day before. Why do we have to do these things
My tip is to eat lightly the day before you start the prep. Keep the prep ice cold and drink through a straw, as its not the most pleasant. Stay hydrated! And stay near the toilet, as it will be like a tap 🤣