Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicky Mouse's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 4
Virgin Economy

Hi all,

Can anyone give me a ball park figure for Virgin Economy at the beginning of May?.

I'm waiting for flights to come out for next year and hope to book as soon as but have no idea what a good price would be

I also want to book premium but have decided if it's stupid money, I will just keep looking for a good upgrade price.

Many thanks
Saratoga Springs 2017
Heron Villa High Grove 2017, 2018, 2023
Nicky Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Are you flying from Manchester?

I would budget somewhere between £550-650 direct. Subject to sales.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
boomie
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry I cant help you as we've never flown in May but I'm assuming you've done a dummy booking for this May to see what the prices are like? We've upgraded a few times to PE but very close to the flying date and this has usually been around the £200 each price. Although I know this can vary a lot but it is what we budget for.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Dec 2017
Disney Dream Cruise & Disney's Boardwalk 2018
boomie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Regarding the upgrade to PE - if you have the nerve you can book it just before boarding. Last year I stayed at Gatwick Hilton the night before flying and was advised to go down to the Virgin check-in area in the morning to see if there were any available. If the answer is yes, the longer you leave it the cheaper it can get. I held my nerve for a little while before upgrading for I think £145 - on the way back it was £99.
Old 13 Feb 15, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We played 650 for may 14 to 31st this may that includes half term so I would think early may would be cheaper
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

do you have any va miles? we paid £217 for a reward flight (during a reward flight sale 30000 miles each) for the last two weeks of May. less for the kids with refund of APD

Edited at 04:29 PM.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NJC
Serious Dibber

If you book when they first get released then about £500/£600 for economy.
I think some date where £1800 for 2a and 2c for this year.

We paid £3500 for 2a and 2c for pe last year 1st to 15th. Should be cheaper with the kids tax decreasing this year(if you have kids).
Saying that we have just paid £2666 economy 2a2c for this October half term as we left it late
NJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

We are going this year, 11th to 25th May, our flights with Virgin cost us £530 each, we booked end of June last year not long after flights were released
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Nicky Mouse's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 4
Wow, Thanks everyone, you've all been really helpful.

Thanks Manta, yes we will be flying from Man.

Yes, I have done several dummy bookings for this May but not sure it's all that helpful as I am really impatient and wouldn't have the nerve to wait until the last minute

I've joined the frequent flyer program but as we are Virgin virgins this won't help us this time.

We also only have big kids, so the Apd reduction doesn't help us oldies (maybe they should reduce it for miserable old biddies too) but on the bright side, we can go early May.

Am I right in thinking flights will be released sometime in June for the beginning of May? This will be our 5th time but only been with Thomson to Sanford so its all new (so exciting).

Thanks again everyone for your help, it's very much appreciated
Saratoga Springs 2017
Heron Villa High Grove 2017, 2018, 2023
Nicky Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Nicky Mouse View Post
Wow, Thanks everyone, you've all been really helpful.

Thanks Manta, yes we will be flying from Man.

Yes, I have done several dummy bookings for this May but not sure it's all that helpful as I am really impatient and wouldn't have the nerve to wait until the last minute

I've joined the frequent flyer program but as we are Virgin virgins this won't help us this time.

We also only have big kids, so the Apd reduction doesn't help us oldies (maybe they should reduce it for miserable old biddies too) but on the bright side, we can go early May.

Am I right in thinking flights will be released sometime in June for the beginning of May? This will be our 5th time but only been with Thomson to Sanford so its all new (so exciting).

Thanks again everyone for your help, it's very much appreciated
Do you have any Tesco Clubcard vouchers you could change into Virgin Airmiles? 30% extra miles given at present and even if you could rustle up 4,000 miles it would take a bit off of the full fare 2,000 miles each for miles plus money fares.you could even do a dummy run on miles plus money fares (in case you do have vouchers)
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread