Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 15, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

56 days to go and Thomson cancel!

Can't believe it! Voice mail from Thomson, saying they have made major changes to our very close holiday! Rang them back to be told Melia Orlando Suites is not now a Thomson hotel therefore we cannot stay there now! PANIC!
Cutting long story short, they have temporarily booked us into Lake a Buena Vista resort Village until we decide if we want to cancel or not! They say it's like for like, looking at it it is, LBVR looks amazing. Has anyone stayed there before? Any comments? Breakfast was included at Melia Orlando, sadly not at LBVR, anything I can do about this? Could we insist on Thomson offering vouchers/cash in place of breakfast? Any comments urgently required! Thanks in advance Dibbers x
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is that the LBV spa resort with the pirate pool. If so you will not be disappointed. Fab location, fab pool, excellent hotel x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hunnycat
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Can't believe it! Voice mail from Thomson, saying they have made major changes to our very close holiday! Rang them back to be told Melia Orlando Suites is not now a Thomson hotel therefore we cannot stay there now! PANIC!
Cutting long story short, they have temporarily booked us into Lake a Buena Vista resort Village until we decide if we want to cancel or not! They say it's like for like, looking at it it is, LBVR looks amazing. Has anyone stayed there before? Any comments? Breakfast was included at Melia Orlando, sadly not at LBVR, anything I can do about this? Could we insist on Thomson offering vouchers/cash in place of breakfast? Any comments urgently required! Thanks in advance Dibbers x
I would push for more as its not like for like if the breakfast is not included!
hunnycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lotso2015
Excited about Disney

If it is the one mentioned above with the pirate pool my boyfriend has stayed there and loved it... I should also mention that he's also picky when it comes to hotela so if he likes it it must be good

Edited at 11:41 PM.
Lotso2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
des19
Earning My Ears

I would take the offer but push Thomson for a refund as not completely like for like but the apartments are great.
des19 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by des19 View Post
I would take the offer but push Thomson for a refund as not completely like for like but the apartments are great.
Same advice, wouldn't ask for vouchers as lots of places to eat nearby. Go for cash refund x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They'll probably just say fine here's your money back if you don't like their offer. They cancelled our flight back to Glasgow from Mexico a few years ago, said need to fly to Manchester and get a coach back. This was our wedding and a party of 6. Told them I wanted night in hotel then hire car with baby seat not a rotten coach. They said no, then just refunded our 8000 pound and we booked with TC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at lbv resort and spa 3 times and loved each visit, the Irish bar on site is very handy for a nightcap or 2 😛 and Pizza Hut express
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

56 days from now would put you right at the start of May. That is a time when there are last minute deals galore from every Travel Agent. Prices as low as £300-400 for packages are around. They want to fill their seats on those planes. I'd try to push for a bit more from them for the inconvenience! If you push too hard and they say "fine, cancel then" I'm pretty certain you'll get an amazing deal elsewhere!
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, great advice from you all!
I will speak with Thomson tomorrow and let you know how I get on. DH feels we should push a little more too, we were a little disappointed but looking online LBVR looks really lovely. Still it's not what we initially booked! Chat with you all tomorrow! Thanks again x
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread