Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jun 15, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Virgin seats with flying club

All 4 members of our family are flying club members. We are on the VS015 on Monday so the 72 hour point is at 1pm today

I assume that I go through the manage your bookings page and select the seats as I tried to do before but this time a £25 fee won't be charged.

Is this right?
Old 26 Jun 15, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would say you are right. I did this for my Daughter a few Months ago as she had the '60 days' before issue. At 61 days it was showing a £25 fee and within a few hours it was showing £0 so I would try from now as opposed to 1300hrs
Worth a try

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 15, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

go onto manage your booking and wait for a chat pop up, last time i spoke to them they told me that i at to either ring them up or do it over the chat. Post how you managed to do it so i will def know for November - thanks
Old 26 Jun 15, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jaccuziman
Very Serious Dibber

60days

Hello Everyone
We were a few hours under my 60 days (pre Nov) and online it still kept trying to charge me, so I rang up , and they did it for me.

But they are very strict now, was trying to do it online and off, for over 6 weeks before my 60 day date, and had no joy.

Then when I booked on 60 days, without prompting, or me asking, she said she would work out the day I could call again to book return seats.

Edited at 12:54 PM.
jaccuziman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 15, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked via the pop up chat assistant online. I'd been checking the manage my booking page all day but the £25 charge just wasn't disappearing. It was 4 hours later I spoke online to the Virgin rep, but luckily the seats I wanted were still available!
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 15, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Our seats are successfully reserved

At 1pm the system was still charging £25 per seat. I started to phone customer services to get them to do it and while on the line tried again. At 1:04pm it stopped charging and I was able to reserve the seats free of charge.

I've just got to remember to do the same thing before our return flight one.

We got the 4 centre seats in row 33. All I wanted were seats together so glad I didn't pay £200 to reserve the seats in advance.
Old 26 Jun 15, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Was there a lot of choice left of 4 seats together?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 15, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko7
Earning More Ears

Does anyone know if it is easy to book seats for return 72 hours before with virgin online whilst in orlando? Does the online pop up chat still come up if you online in florida? Hoping our flight isn't full on the return in Novemeber. I have prebooked seats going but can't afford to do it both ways
jacko7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 15, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
It seems to be that you can't do this online ie 72 hours before as we had to do the pop up chat box thing the lady sorted out our seats there and then.
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 15, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jacko7 View Post
Does anyone know if it is easy to book seats for return 72 hours before with virgin online whilst in orlando? Does the online pop up chat still come up if you online in florida? Hoping our flight isn't full on the return in Novemeber. I have prebooked seats going but can't afford to do it both ways
You should access the same website through the link in the confirmation e-mail so booking the return seats should be the same as the outward booking.

The challenge will be remembering to do it when we are having fun in the parks.