Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
US Rent A Car
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
VIP Dibber

Best viewing areas for Happily and Illuminations

Where did you go to watch these night shows? I'd like to try and pinpoint the best possible places. Do people stand? Sit?
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Where did you go to watch these night shows? I'd like to try and pinpoint the best possible places. Do people stand? Sit?
I heard something about the bridge near the french pavilion...
I am going to try that spot when i go in July.
Pluchesteven1 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A Dream come true WDW
Unread 15 Jun 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
VIP Dibber

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Any advice for the Happily Ever After show?
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

For Epcot we sit(or stand) on the bridge between England and France (a couple of boats moor below here so should be a good spot) and in MK we sit(or stand) on the AstroTurf area in the hub in front of the castle.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We weren't supposed to be going... :o)
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We sat on the bridge between England and France for Illuminations, it was a great view, although I think anywhere round the showcase is good. We watched Happily Ever After from the train station at the top of main street, the projections weren't as clear as if we'd been closer but it was an amazing view of the whole of main St and quick out afterwards!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SPLIT STAY POFQ/VILLA
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great tips, thanks OP for starting thread! Out of interest, at the end of Illuminations can you exit via the walkway that takes you to boardwalk area? Never done this before but likely to be in France area for the show and just curious! Thanks x
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Great tips, thanks OP for starting thread! Out of interest, at the end of Illuminations can you exit via the walkway that takes you to boardwalk area? Never done this before but likely to be in France area for the show and just curious! Thanks x
Yes, through the International Gateway. If anyone views from the bridge near France then get there early!
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Roll on August to WDW
Unread 15 Jun 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Hi, yes the bridge between the UK and France is a good place to watch Illuminations, but does get very busy! But if you look at the menu on the righthand side of the page and scroll down to Illuminations smoke, hover above this and you would see that today you would not want to watch from that bridge as the smoke will affect your view. So check that first and there are plenty of other areas to view it 🙂 To watch HEA anywhere in front of the castle! But importantly since there are projections on the castle, you need be able to see all of it. You will need to arrive early to get a good spot! You might get to sit to wait until they start, then unfortunately most will stand 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Dark Side trip!
Florida Tix