Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jun 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile Can someone please explain bags in lockers on thrill rides

Sorry if it’s a basic question but it’s many years since I’ve been to universal and I can’t get my head around how this works... do you put all bags in before starting to queue, or part way through? How does that work with some people picking up and some dropping off?
TIA
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Before you join the queue generally. Can’t think of anywhere that it’s part way through.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Usually you put your things in the locker before you join the main queue.

Sometimes when the ride first opens and the queue is massively long, you'll join a long queue outside the ride entrance first and then put your stuff in a locker once you get near the lockers and then continue to queue. As mentioned by Rachhh in her report of her massive 13.5 hour wait for Hagrid's Motorbike coaster (here) she started queuing at about 8:30am but didn't put her stuff in the lockers until she eventually got to Hogsmeade at about 4pm.

In this case, I'm not sure how they deal with people picking up and dropping off to stop people joining the queue in the middle instead of at the end.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Usually you put your things in the locker before you join the main queue.

Sometimes when the ride first opens and the queue is massively long, you'll join a long queue outside the ride entrance first and then put your stuff in a locker once you get near the lockers and then continue to queue. As mentioned by Rachhh in her report of her massive 13.5 hour wait for Hagrid's Motorbike coaster (here) she started queuing at about 8:30am but didn't put her stuff in the lockers until she eventually got to Hogsmeade at about 4pm.

In this case, I'm not sure how they deal with people picking up and dropping off to stop people joining the queue in the middle instead of at the end.
Thanks so much for your response... and yes- I was wondering how they stop people rejoining the queue for the ride etc! 13.5 hours is an impressive wait by anyone’s standards... 😳
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Before you join the queue generally. Can’t think of anywhere that it’s part way through.
Thanks for the reply, so guessing you can end up in blazing sun queuing without a cap / water etc. I think I might be glad of express passes!
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Thanks for the reply, so guessing you can end up in blazing sun queuing without a cap / water etc. I think I might be glad of express passes!
The Hagrid lockers are either side of the actual ride entrance, one lot on the right, next to the static Hogwarts Express and the others in a building to the left.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

There’s not really anywhere that you will end up in the blazing sun especially if you do have express pass.

Hulk and Rip ride and Hagrids (for now) are the only ones where you must use a locker.

Lots of other rides are no loose items so generally no bags but a bum bag with a 3 pronged clip is generally accepted on all rides other than the 3 above.
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not if you’re us! No way would I queue that long!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I've heard that they have redesigned the locker system for forbidden journey recently
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachhh
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hagrid isn’t strict on loose items at the moment. I wore a bum bag, had my phone in my pocket etc. You couldn’t take a proper bag on and those in Harry Potter robes had to go in the side car!

Hulk and rip ride were full, no loose item at all, metal detector rides. The mummy does have lockers and doesn’t allow bags but I can’t recall a metal detector.

Have been able to take a backpack on all rides at Disney

Hope this helps!
Rachhh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List