Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Helping Minnie

Dibb busy day guide or Touring plans

Starting to make a plan of which park for which day for Feb 2020, in time for ADR date in August.

Touring plans have some totally different ideas than the dibb.

Which do you prefer?
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 nights HRH & 11 nights POFQ!
Unread 14 Jun 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Clearly the DIBBs busy day guide is the best one to use.
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 14 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't use any. I make ADRs and base my park days around those.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 15 Jun 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to do this but Touring Plans. They use a massive algorithm and data base so the law of maths makes their accuracy levels more likely.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

We use the busy day guide to a certain degree, like we make a plan were happy with & then well have a check at what our days are in terms of most/least recommends. We wont necessarily change our days even if they fall on least recommended though, because sometimes theyre classed as that for things like the parties (which would still be fine if youre only doing a half day) or EMHs which might be least recommended for offsite guests but are beneficial if youre staying onsite - just something to be aware off if youre planning your days around one of the guides.

Edited at 07:32 AM.
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 weeks AKL?! Yes please!
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
Very Serious Dibber

The thing that confuses me is that as an on-site guest I can take advantage of EMH but that always shows the park as least recommended... to be honest this trip I just planned my days as to what looks ok, avoided EPCOT food and wine over weekends that kind of thing. I know it will be busy because of GE.
4holibobs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
The thing that confuses me is that as an on-site guest I can take advantage of EMH but that always shows the park as least recommended... to be honest this trip I just planned my days as to what looks ok, avoided EPCOT food and wine over weekends that kind of thing. I know it will be busy because of GE.
Its because for offsite guests us onsite would already be in the park & already in the queues for some of the more popular rides when theyre allowed in, making them have to wait even longer.
3 weeks AKL?! Yes please!
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Undercover Tourist give a really good explanation about the rationale for avoiding parks with EMH

Basically, it boils down to more people being in the parks (as resort guests think they should go to that particular park even if not during EMH). People also then tend to end up staying longer in those parks. This increases the overall crowd levels hence, the general advice is to go during EMH if staying onsite and then park hop to a park that doesnt have EMH. If staying offsite, there are some instances where you should go to a park with EMH and those are outlined in the article.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big Fat Disney 40 @CR & Universal PBH
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less