Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Just bumped into the 14 dollars for a tyre bloke

I've read about this legendary character but never met him in over 20 trips until tonight. As I was getting out the car at BJ's Brewhouse at LBV he told me that he had a blowout and needed 14 dollars for a new tyre... could I help? Unfortunately I had no cash, only CCs😏

He seems far travelled as I've read about him being in the Rolling Oaks neighbourhood in the past. Maybe I've run in to the legend's son, carrying on the family business 👀😁
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s probably a franchise ! Soon to pop up on a high st near you.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That’s cause the Sherrif almost got him in Walmart’s car park Haines City this afternoon
Right enough he was getting what for from a local as he was honing in on the tourists
Hopped into huge Titan truck as the sherif screamed in $14 wouldn’t buy a row of treads on its tyres
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm just amazed that inflation hasn't increased the price over the years. Or could it be someone trying to undercut the original.

When I gave him a KB he tried it o some people just coming out of BJ's, but they gave him the bum's rush too.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I do know down by us the 3 law enforcement factions are really cracking down on scammers and pan handlers at the minute
Our neighbour who is a Sheriff says don’t even engage with them at all
And if you feel compromised return to the restaurant/store what ever and report them to security
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No wonder he's moved to Orange County then😁
Old 15 Jun 19, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Best thread title ever 😂
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s outright fraud. I once had one approach me in Leeds, claiming he needed cash to get home as he’d lost his cards. This character was later on Crimewatch!
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Met a few of them over the years including one at Rolling Oaks a few weeks ago.

I don't even acknowledge they exist let alone speak to them. I totally cut them dead.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Oh not heard of that one...we had the “could you help me, my car has ran out of fuel and I have no money, could you spare a few bucks” by Bahama breeze I drive near pointe. Of course the answer was no lol
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List