Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
I love strong coffee and my usual order is a flat white. I tried that in Starbucks in WDW and... ewww... never again. It was way too big and not strong enough and foamy, like a confused latte.
Like others, I stick to “coffee” and add cream/milk/ whatever the white stuff on the table is!
Pretty sure Starbucks in the UK had to switch to 2 shots of espresso as standard because Brits found it too weak. They haven't done that in the US which explains why it tastes so weak.
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Pretty sure Starbucks in the UK had to switch to 2 shots of espresso as standard because Brits found it too weak. They haven't done that in the US which explains why it tastes so weak.
This would make sense. Flat whites should be strong! Weak coffee is the worst.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Ooh what is a Dunkaccino? Sounds like something i need to try
I'll confess that I'm not actually sure. It's on the 'hot chocolate' part of the menu, is ridiculously sweet, smells of coffee and has quite a bit of caffeine in it and YOU CAN ALSO GET THEM FROZEN.

Probably at least eleventy billion caleries per cup and you can feel your arteries hardening as you drink it. Love it 😍.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I first ordered a flat white in the US a few years ago, and they had no idea what I meant! Apparently it is originally an Australian/New Zealand thing.
en.m.wikipedia/wiki/Flat_white

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

A Dunkacinno is the Dunkin Donuts try at the Frappacino -in other words a splash of coffee with your cup of sugar. And imo too expensivew for a cup of coffee. You can get them with cream, milk or even fat free milk if you want to save a few calories, iced or frozen.

My DD drinks them becuase she doesn't like coffee. Much more of a sweet treat than a cup of coffee.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
If you just want a ‘regular’ filter coffee just ask for a white Americano.
An Americano and filter coffee are 2 different coffees. An Americano is made using an expresso coffee first whilst filter is just that, a filter coffee and is cheaper!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
An Americano and filter coffee are 2 different coffees. An Americano is made using an expresso coffee first whilst filter is just that, a filter coffee and is cheaper!
I’m trying to keep things simple!. Just to correct you an Americano is just the way you have your coffee and is usually just an espresso with hot water added. I think a lot of people think of filter coffee as not instant! Price is no different in my experience.
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019

Edited at 12:20 PM.
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Instant coffee is almost non existant in the US and I've never heard of it at restaurants. J

Just ask for coffee. I have also never ordered an Amercano. To me that is a Starbucks word (never heard before Starbucks) and a simple cup of the stuff is "coffee".

Also I have never heard of ordering a "filter coffee".

Just ask for a cup of coffee. Pay between $1-2. If over $3. it must be a coffee drink (losts of sugar and flavoring, cream and calories.)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Instant coffee is almost non existant in the US and I've never heard of it at restaurants. J

Just ask for coffee. I have also never ordered an Amercano. To me that is a Starbucks word (never heard before Starbucks) and a simple cup of the stuff is "coffee".

Just ask for a cup of coffee. Pay between $1-2. If over $3. it must be a coffee drink (losts of sugar and flavoring, cream and calories.)
Good luck with just asking for ‘coffee’ in the US 😀
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post

I agree with the above. If you are ordering in places like dennys, 'Coffee' will get you a bottomless cup of coffee (Coffee grounds brewed in a pot). Im not even sure if they have 'Americano' on their menu.

However in Starbucks, if you ask for 'Coffee' you may be faced with the question of what type.
An americano would be espresso shots, poured over hot water.
And a 'filter coffee' would get you a cup of brewed coffee, the same as what you would get in Dennys (however not bottomless!)

In Disney just asking for 'Coffee' will get you the same sort of black coffee than at Dennys.

In my experience, I have never ordered anything other than coffee, or an iced coffee, and never been surprised with something other than either hot, or cold brewed coffee!