Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Samscrim
New Poster (2)

Victoria and Alberts - can I justify it?

Hi,
My wife and I will be going back to Florida next Jan/Feb for a 2 week stay split between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Portofino Bay. This trip will be to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary so I want to do something a bit special and was debating about dinner at Victoria and Alberts. We are quite a foody couple and dining at places like Jiko and California Grill are a big part of the holiday for us, so in that respect Victoria and Alberts sounds perfect. It’s just that the cost is so much more that I wonder whether the experience is enough above the signature restaurants to justify it and wanted to get people’s opinions. We’ve done Michelin starred restaurants in the UK like the Hand and Flowers and Midsummer House, so is Victoria and Alberts at this sort of level? I’m very tempted despite the cost but wanted to get some thoughts as to whether it’s worth it or not. Thanks for your help.
Sam
Samscrim is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Mobile

We haven't been for a couple of years but found it a step above any Michelin star places we've eaten at in the UK.
Service was phenomenal, attention to detail was unsurpassed and the food was memorable. Still memorable now

It's a lot of money though.
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did it 9yrs ago and still the best place i have ever eaten hands down.
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

Can only comment on Chef’s Table. We ate there 6 years ago and still talk about it now. Yes it is expensive but fabulous and fun. Although I am tempted to say horrible as I am looking to book it January time for DH 50 and don’t want the competition!
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Weve been to a number of Michelin places in the UK and V&A's is up there with them - definitely go. We have it booked again for September
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

I was watching one of the Trackers’ videos the other day and they visited Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria, Bonnet Creek. They rated it very highly and said it was a fabulous place for a special celebration. Some of the meals are prepared table side. X
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Back in 2017, dinner for 2 in the normal dining room, 10 courses with matching wines, cost us $900 with the tip. We used our gift cards worth $300 to bring it down to $600. Was it good? Yes. Was it worth $600, let alone $900? Absolutely not. I'm glad I experienced it, but I have no intention of going again. The service was first rate, the food was great, but incredibly it wasn't the dining highlight of the holiday. I much prefer going to Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul and Yachtsman, all combined it's still going to be less expensive and the food is amazing. That said I do not regret doing V&A, but it's definitely in the "once in a lifetime" category for me. Not because of the cost, but because for that price, you should get a mind blowing dinner, and it's just as good as a Michelin star restaurant where you'd pay £150 for a tasting menu.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post

I occasionally splash out on a fine dining experience so am not adverse to it. I have had V&A booked in the past but I have cancelled it as I decided that a special occasion was required to justify the price. So yes, I maybe would do it for 15 year anniversary.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went on our honeymoon in 2017 and whilst it was memorable I would never have done it if not for being gifted a lot of money by a family member for it.

We’ve eaten at many Michelin star restaurants and would much rather have gone to 2 or 3 of them for the price of v&a.

To compare it to Jiko and CG though is impossible, they’re worlds apart.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
O-Town MANC
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
I was watching one of the Trackers’ videos the other day and they visited Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria, Bonnet Creek. They rated it very highly and said it was a fabulous place for a special celebration. Some of the meals are prepared table side. X
Was about to say much the same thing. Worth watching that Tim Tracker video, OP.
2005 Best Western I-Drive / 2009 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2010 Orange Lakes Kissimmee / 2011 Disney Cast Member / 2012 International Palms I-Drive / 2013 Lake Wilson Preserve / 2014 Wilderness Lodge / 2015 Calabay Parc / 2016 Ramada Gateway / 2017 Calabay Parc / 2018 Southern Dunes / 2019 Sanctuary at West Haven / 2020 Coronado Springs
O-Town MANC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List