Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jun 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

Skip the counter alamo

Hi done the online check in from the link on my vh booking I didn’t see anywhere to add my wife to the car we have gold insurance just spoke to the vh that said if I want to add the wife I have to go to the pit stop at the airport to add her as they can’t add at the exit barrier is this the case as my understanding was I could just show her licence at the exit barrier and she could be added their?

orlando 04,06,08,10,13,15,19,21
jamie27good is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes the can add her at the barrier or any almo car hire location we added DH last week at Disney car car etc took 2 mins
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
HI. Usual VH nonsense!

If you have a holiday or a fly drive you are supposed to go to the Pit Stop for your documents,driving info, free water etc etc. Waste of time!

If just car hire then ignore that place.

You can add the 2nd or subsequent drivers at the exit barrier but it's easier beforehand. Go back into your online check in with Alamo and open up another tab on the PC. Type in 'skip the counter Alamo'. That will allow you to put your Wife's details in. However don't worry if it doesn't work as the skip process is not necessary. All you need is a barcode on the OLCI form.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks just going to jump in a nice car then worry about adding her at the exit barrier lol thanks

jamie27good is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Make sure you have the paperwork from Virgin that shows you have free extra drivers. Saves scrabbling around for it when in line.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry do u get your sat nav from the exit barrier as well?

Old 16 Jun 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes you do
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

Great thanks for the quick replies

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

As above you can add her on at the barrier and your given your sat nav there too. This is what we did last month. If you have car seats included though collect these before you leave. We ended up waiting almost 20 minutes extra as a minibus in front had forgotten to get their seats and we had to wait for staff members to bring them all up! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jamie27good View Post
Hi done the online check in from the link on my vh booking I didn’t see anywhere to add my wife to the car we have gold insurance just spoke to the vh that said if I want to add the wife I have to go to the pit stop at the airport to add her as they can’t add at the exit barrier is this the case as my understanding was I could just show her licence at the exit barrier and she could be added their?
Hi Jamie - recently completed OLCI and Skip for family, sure I added two additional drivers during OLCI. Go back to OLCI, scroll down and look for a 'button' or text asking if you want to add another driver.

After you've done this, minimise your OLCI page, do not close it - click ON THIS link to take you to Skip where you can add your credit card details.