Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Jun 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dave7819
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Trip Report - Day 12 - Last minute holiday

Trip Report - Day 12 Wednesday 26th June - Last minute holiday

We wanted a chilled day today and called into dunkin donuts for a coffee and donut around 1pm for a snack on the 192, we then proceeded to see some villa communities and get some ideas for our next holiday.

We like the idea of renting a villa even though there will only be the two of us, we've stayed in villas with family before and we miss the privacy of your own pool and that feeling of it being your home rather than a hotel room.

It's been a while since I stayed in a villa so if anyone can shed any info on what sort of price I would be looking at for a smaller villa in low season (either November or January or February) I would appreciate it.

The last place I stayed was at country creek estates and it backed onto a lake, I've seen it on vrbo but it seems a little pricier than I remembered, but I guess it's because I only paid for part of the rent last time as there were 4 of us.

We drove to downtown Orlando and had a look around, we also parked up at lake Eola and walked around, for anyone who's not been it's probably the size of the lake at celebration, maybe slightly bigger and has speakers dotted about with tranquil music playing, it was really nice. There were 2 bars open one at either side of the lake so we stopped for a drink mid way.

The wife got a pint of bud light and I noticed on the sizes there was 5oz, full or pitcher, now as I was driving I thought a 5oz might be like a half pint so chose that, when the waitress brought it over me and the wife burst out laughing and I told the waitress I didn't know what a 5oz even was, it was the equivalent to a shot glass filled with bud light, I tried to make those 3 sips last.

After that I drove to universal city walk as we hadn't been all holiday, always a fun place to go, after looking around the shops we ate in panda express, it's the only Chinese restaurant we'll eat at in Orlando, it's great.

Another relaxed and enjoyable day with Hollywood studios tomorrow.
dave7819 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List