Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Aug 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Universal Studios is closing some rides as of August 9th, according to Tim Tracker's latest vlog. As with Disney, they've had a dire earnings call and have decided to close certain attractions for the time being.

Edited at 07:03 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Spotted this on another site.

WDW Parks reducing their opening hours.

Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios will lose an hour each, with EPCOT and Disney's Animal Kingdom each losing 2 hours.

The new operating hours line-up looks like this:

Magic Kingdom will reduce hours from 9am - 7pm to 9am - 6pm.
EPCOT will reduce hours from 11am - 9pm to 11am - 7pm.
Disney's Animal Kingdom will reduce hours from 8am - 6pm to 9am - 5pm.
Disney's Hollywood Studios will reduce hours from 10am - 8pm to 10am - 7pm.

The updated hours currently run through to the end of October

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Let's hope the Fast and the Furious is a permanent closure. It really belongs in the 'Two hours of my life I'll never get back' thread.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Spotted this on another site.

WDW Parks reducing their opening hours.

Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios will lose an hour each, with EPCOT and Disney's Animal Kingdom each losing 2 hours.

The new operating hours line-up looks like this:

Magic Kingdom will reduce hours from 9am - 7pm to 9am - 6pm.
EPCOT will reduce hours from 11am - 9pm to 11am - 7pm.
Disney's Animal Kingdom will reduce hours from 8am - 6pm to 9am - 5pm.
Disney's Hollywood Studios will reduce hours from 10am - 8pm to 10am - 7pm.

The updated hours currently run through to the end of October
Yep, had a dibb park hours update this morning about it.
That’s me out for this year. I was desperately hanging onto my October booking but it’s just not worth going with those hours and rumours of more cutbacks 😢
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Let's hope the Fast and the Furious is a permanent closure. It really belongs in the 'Two hours of my life I'll never get back' thread.
Its not just me then - must be a contender for Worst Ride Ever - what were they thinking ?
Old 8 Aug 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

At the same time DeSantis was announcing the removal of the 14 day quarantine requirement for people from NY, NJ and CT (which was never really enforced), those states were announcing an increase in enforcement of the 14 day quarantine for people / residents returning from covid19 hotspots like FL, CA, TX, AZ, etc.

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Since the other day the Florida Governor relaxed the restrictions on people from other states visiting Florida in order to boost visitors and the state's economy I would think it unlikely that he would be telling Disney to close
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Its not just me then - must be a contender for Worst Ride Ever - what were they thinking ?
I can only assume alcohol was involved. Either that or someone who was leaving thought it up as a prank.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH I didn't think Jimmy Fallon was much better, 2 rides that you couldn't pay me to go back on !
Thet are all between a "rock..." at the minute, guest numbers down but as a strategy reducing park hours even further doesn't sound like a winning combo !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
I've seen this on a few sites in the last week
It's a completely baseless rumour and unlikely to actually happen but let me just entertain the idea for a moment and ask the question - which 5 days a week should they be open?

Saturdays and Sundays tend to be the more popular days (locals are more likely to visit at weekends). I suspect Fridays are also fairly popular. So I would expect them to remain open over the weekend.

Would WDW be like Legoland in Florida during the off-season months - that is to say, closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Or would they stagger the opening days? MK open Friday to Tuesday, HS open Sat to Wed, Epcot open Thurs to Mon, etc.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
TBH I didn't think Jimmy Fallon was much better, 2 rides that you couldn't pay me to go back on !
Thet are all between a "rock..." at the minute, guest numbers down but as a strategy reducing park hours even further doesn't sound like a winning combo !
SD
Reducing park hours reduces costs and saves them money. The same number of people will attend (and attendance is currently limited due to the coronavirus restrictions and/or the park reservation system) but Disney/Universal will have less to pay on running costs. So it makes sense as a cost reduction exercise.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List