Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 May 07, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Orlando and further afield to Miami & the Keys Day 22

Day 22 – Epcot

Friday 25th May 2007

I slept badly last night. Too many thoughts about going home and issues to deal with at home and at work but then I thought aha but we have another full day here first

I woke Bill up at 8 – well he had a lie in yesterday didn’t he? By 8.40 we were on our way to Disney, although we still didn’t know which park we were going to. Bill suggested Epcot, which I was more than happy to go along with. I was worried he’d say MGM and make me go on the Rockin Roller Coaster again. Of course I could not voice that concern or we would have gone to MGM for sure (yes we would’ve). We somehow managed to miss the turning for Epcot and goodness knows which route we took. It was the long way round anyway. We reached the park at around 9.15 (late because of our unscheduled detour).

We went straight to Test Track for a Fastpass and then went to Mission Space. This was a walk on and we took the original version of the ride again. This really is good. I’ve missed out for years by not doing this, for fear of being ill. Then we went on the Ellen thing. Now this did knock me a bit dizzy, which I know sounds bizarre. We sat down for a while after it until I felt better, before going on Test Track – my favourite ride

Then we walked around for a while taking in the flowers (the roses badly needed to be dead headed, I would love to do it) and the other sights.

We left the park around lunch time and to our surprise had been parked behind Steves car, although we did not see him in Epcot.

We went to Millenia to the Cheesecake Factory. There are no photos as Bill was giving his camera a well deserved rest. I had chicken and biscuits, Bill had grilled cheese sandwich. We had no desserts. The service was poor on this occasion. It took an age and we didn’t get any of that lovely sour dough bread they have always given us in the past. Bill was going to ask for some as the single American woman at the next table was given two lots but I said not to as I would be in with a fighting chance of finishing my meal if I didn’t have the bread first (not that either of us did manage to finish).

We then went to Circuit City and Super Target for a few last minute bits and bobs before returning to the Fountains. Bill went for a nap I alternated between a bit (not a lot ) of packing (I do it the afternoon before we come home just in case we need another suitcase or anything ), a bit of surfing and a lot of sitting in the sun on the balcony, where I was mentally planning our proposed trip to San Francisco and Las Vegas next year

For the second time that day I made Bill get up and we went out to Pleasure Island for the last time this holiday. Traffic to the DTD area at the start of this Memorial Day weekend was heavy although not quite as bad as it was at New Year. We got parked up behind Cirque and walked towards the Comedy Warehouse. We were like Mr and Mrs Grumpy as our thoughts were turning to the journey home. We had just missed the start of a show at the Comedy Warehouse and Bill had a face like a smacked backside (I suspect I did too but I couldn’t see mine). I suggested for the umpteenth time that holiday that we try the Adventurers Club. Bill wasn’t thrilled at this suggestion and the slapped backside face got worse. Come on - I said we can just sit on the upper level and come back out later when its time for the Comedy Warehouse. He reluctantly agreed and we crossed over to the Adventurers Club. I had no intention of sitting upstairs at all and went down to the lower level where I knew the entertainment was.

I find this club quite difficult to describe, but downstairs there is one main room which I think was just called he Saloon. Then there are other smaller rooms leading off this. There was an announcement being made as we walked down the stairs and people were going into one of the smaller rooms so we followed them (as you do) and waited to see what would happen. Well a lady dressed as a French Maid entered the room. She had the highest squeaky voice I’ve heard since the old Kraft Philadelphia adverts were on TV. She was holding a colonial jungle hunters hat which was covered in girly flowers. She bantered with the audience and then turned to Bill and asked him his name and where he was from. Bill said he was Bill from Newcastle in England. – wow - she said – I like your Newcastle beer. Then she explained that she had lost a genie and that she was certain Bill could help her find him. She then placed the very silly hat on Bill’s head and said he would have sing in as high a voice as possible, the song – when I’m calling yooooo ooooo oooo. I was doubled up with laughter as Bill began to hit the high notes and I swear it brought tears to his eyes. My hero helped the maid to find the genie and we were all then ushered back into the main saloon. Bill received lots of pats on the back from American men who were all saying – hey well done Newcastle Bill!
The show just got funnier and funnier as we were ushered into different rooms and initiated as new Adventurers Club members. The show lasted around an hour, and resulted in changing us from miserable so and so to a couple having a really great last night out. Following the show we went back to the Comedy Warehouse and would you believe we just missed the show again. Ah well we’d had a right good laugh at the AC instead and we’d been to the Comedy Warehouse countless times over the 3 weeks we’d been in Florida. We didn’t want to hang around for the next performance as PI was heaving by this time. As we got into the car Bill asked me why we hadn’t tried the AC before! We’ll defiantly go there again, that’s a certainty.

Then it was back to the Fountains for the last sleep before going home.

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 07, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
So that's where I left it LOL, well done Newcastle Bill sounds like a fun day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 07, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Newcastle Bill used to get Geordie Jock in his younger days
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 07, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Newcastle Bill used to get Geordie Jock in his younger days
Now theres a double negative
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 07, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

It could be seen as a double positive Steve
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 07, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
LOL's at the miserable so and so's.

Sounds like a good laugh.
Old 1 Jun 07, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Bily was so miserable he couldn't even be bothered to take his camera. Typical just when I would have loved to have have taken a photo of him in the silly hat
Old 3 Jun 07, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dollar_Bill View Post
Bill had a face like a smacked backside (I suspect I did too but I couldn’t see mine).

My DH gets that look sometimes too - must be a man thing Not another trip to Circuit City, no wonder you were Sounds like a fun night at the Adventurers Club - well done Newcastle Bill!
Old 3 Jun 07, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you know if there is more than one cheesecake factory in Orlando. We went to the one in Vegas and loved it so I'm hoping to go there for a meal on my birthday. We tried to go to the one in San Francisco but the wait was about 2 hours and we were to hungry that night to wait.
Old 3 Jun 07, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

There is a small Cheesecake factory in Disney Quest. It's a few years since we were in there but I seem to rmember them only serving desserts. There is also one in Universal Studios (I think it's the studios and not IOA). Again though it is mainly desserts although I believe they serve samdwiches as well.

For the full menu it will have to be the one at Mall of Millenia. We only found the one in Vegas on the day we were leaving for the airport If we'd known it was there we would have gone more than once.