Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We stayed at T4 but we didn’t have a car so easy access from the terminal was most important.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve booked Bath Road! If anyone is looking for June next year, pretty much all of them are coming up as £29.50 at the moment!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have just booked T4 for October for 2 nights - was about 2/3 of the price of T5 (£108 for T4 for 2 nights).

We are flying in to T5 arriving around 10 PM and are planning to take Hoppa bus to T4 - think it will be easier & quicker than the free trains or the free buses?
Next morning we are hiring a car from SixT (much cheaper and better car than the normal companies I use), and ease of getting to terminal (walking) was why I chose T4. Although hiring the car for the day - will drop it off when we return in the evening.
The day we fly out from LHR T5 will walk to T4 and get the trains to T5.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Bath Road is excellent, someone even rang us on the phone in the room to check that everything was ok! Fab layout of the reception area, it’s lovely.
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
In the T4 Premier Inn now.
We landed at T5 last night at 22.00 hrs. Got bags at 22.45 so just missed Hoppa bus and next one was in 30 minutes, so took the trains to T4, quite quick and easy.
Got to T4 and struggled to find way to Premier Inn. You have to go to departures level 2, and then there is the exit to the covered walkway. Think it’s a 7 minute walk, and you can take the baggage cart, unfortunately we did not.

Hotel is fine.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Hi all!

I wondered if anyone had a recommendation for which Premier Inn is a good one to choose? I didn’t realise there were so many around Heathrow!

We’ll be flying from Terminal 2, although will be doing meet and greet parking so doesn’t really matter about driving there in the morning! Just not sure of the best one to choose ☺️
Definitely the one in Bath Road
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

What do you do with your cars at Bath Road? I was thinking of staying a bit further out at the M4 J4 Premier Inn, then driving to T3 in the morning to do Meet & Greet. I didn't know that Heathrow had 'offical' M&G parking, I was just going to use Purple. Time for another google!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Re the Bath ATD Prem Inn, we do it one of 2 ways.

1. We arrive and park up for the night, paying around £15 for the privilege. We then park next door in purple parking the following morning and catch their free shuttle bus to the terminal.

2. We arrive and park in Purple Parking straight away as it is cheaper for the night than the Prem Inn carpark, before booking into and staying in the Prem Inn.
Next morning we would catch the passing , free route master double decker scheduled bus to the terminal as I understand that the free bus zone is now extended. In previous years, we had to walk 300 yards to the Harlington junction as this was the boundary of the ‘free zone’.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks all! I booked Bath Road although have booked meet and greet parking (we’re flying to Bali and after about 15/17 hours travelling I hate waiting for a bus back to the car park). Really looking forward to it!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List