Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Feb 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

Firework Phobia

Hi all. one of our party has a phobia of fireworks. Is there anywhere for her to escape to when the rest of us attend the displays?

We've got tickets for Disney & Universal parks and going in Oct. She doesn't want us to miss out but genuinely terrified by them

Many Thanks - Kenny
kenny109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
In a shop with ear defenders.
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I guess the best place to escape to would be somewhere indoors a bit away from the fireworks...

Some possible suggestions (I have no idea how well these places will work though, just that they are indoors and a bit further away from the fireworks):

MK: shopping inside the Emporium on Main Street (I think I've actually been inside this during fireworks and don't recall noticing much - might have been because I was concentrating on shopping though), Starbucks on Main Street, the shops in Frontierland/Adventureland/Tomorrowland, an indoor restaurant like maybe Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbour House.

Epcot: this may be slightly trickier as fireworks are at park closing, so some places may be shut! Innoventions might be a good place to wait (slightly further away from fireworks and indoors), maybe the Starbucks at Fountain View (I'm not sure about seating here), or Electric Umbrella. Or shop inside Mouse Gear.

DHS: maybe shopping inside the shops? not entirely sure about this one.

AK: no fireworks used here!

Universal: not familiar with Universal fireworks as have never seen them before, but anywhere on Citywalk would probably be far enough away from the fireworks, but within walking distance. And you'd have to go through Citywalk to get to your car/Uber anyway!
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter has the same but was desperate to see the fireworks from a safe spot. In the MK we stood by the Christmas shop and she stood underneath the shop canopy with ear plugs in. She popped into the shop if things got a bit noisy. We also booked Ohana and California Grill so we could watch them all the way through with her still feeling safe. In Epcot, we’ve eaten at San Angel and Spice Road Table so we could watch the fireworks from inside. Hollywood Studios we actually ended up at the bus stops while they were on 😊👍🏻 Hope you find somewhere to watch them and feel safe at the same time
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks Sky13... have made a note of these places. Thinking if she is inside shops or restaurant as far away as poss with some ear plugs in, she would be ok.

I read somewhere there no fireworks in Fantasmic so might make this show... can anyone confirm this?
kenny109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did Fantasmic last year. There are fireworks but they are not very loud. My daughter managed to cope ok with them using ear plugs and sitting right at the back and high up. The show is across a lake so the fireworks are a bit further away and lower down if you sit up high. It gave my daughter some feeling of security that way.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

There are a few fireworks in Fantasmic. They are not loud booming overhead ones though.
I certainly recall a Sword and Mickeys hands firing a stream of sparkler out of the end, which is a firework, but may well be perfectly tolerable depending on what exactly it is that causes the apprehension.
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Maybe go back to the car if you are driving and have the radio on
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks everyone. It's the loud overhead explosion fireworks she hates so should be able to cope with Fantasmic
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi for many years I had this I use to run a mile I never liked the bangs then someone i know gave me ear plugs i loved the pretty colours and never heard the bangs when i was 19 i was asked to help set up a display i said yes . Did the display and thought the bangs are not that bad. I set up a few though the years with no problem.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List