Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
We are on a similar situation but flying back on the 28th. I did manage to get through but was told that although they would waive the admin fee I would need to pay the difference to move the flight out one day.. which was thousands so not gonna happen.
We’re on the later flight on the 28th and have the option to move the date within MMB, though haven’t checked it to see if it works

You think they’d be hoping people want to move considering the amount of cancellations that will likely be on the 27th they’d be grateful for people switching from the 28th!

We’re going to wait it out and deal with it as it comes. There’s no way I’m cutting my honeymoon short for an earlier flight and we don’t want to move to a later flight unless absolutely necessary as we will incur costs with parking and unpaid leave off work etc. So fingers crossed it all goes okay as planned
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

Well I managed to get through after 20 only minutes wait, the man I spoke to couldn't complete the booking as we have a fly drive, but has reserved seats for us going two days earlier and returning one day later. He hasn't cancelled my original booking and both bookings are showing on MMB. He has told me to phone BA holidays next week to confirm that I still want the new flights and they will add our car back on. Hopefully we have done the right thing and in a way which will save us too much extra cost.
Carolynne
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
We’re on the later flight on the 28th and have the option to move the date within MMB, though haven’t checked it to see if it works

You think they’d be hoping people want to move considering the amount of cancellations that will likely be on the 27th they’d be grateful for people switching from the 28th!

We’re going to wait it out and deal with it as it comes. There’s no way I’m cutting my honeymoon short for an earlier flight and we don’t want to move to a later flight unless absolutely necessary as we will incur costs with parking and unpaid leave off work etc. So fingers crossed it all goes okay as planned
Weird we are on the same flight but don’t have that option. It just says to call to make any changes.. which I was then told we can’t make as the flight isn’t cancelled .. yet
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Weird we are on the same flight but don’t have that option. It just says to call to make any changes.. which I was then told we can’t make as the flight isn’t cancelled .. yet
How bizarre! I'm too scared to click through to see if it works anyway

I've also taken to obsessively checking the booking to make sure our seats are the same just in case!
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Clearly BA have not sorted out all cx flights yet for 27th. Just read this reply on twitter

Hi 27 September is a date announced by BALPA for industrial action. Once we're able to confirm the flights that might be impacted we'll email you. Please ensure that your contact details are up to date in Manage My Booking. Helen

Which is a worry as I'm.still waiting for a final response from BA 're first flight

Edited at 06:25 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Clearly BA have not sorted out all cx flights yet for 27th. Just read this reply on twitter

Hi 27 September is a date announced by BALPA for industrial action. Once we're able to confirm the flights that might be impacted we'll email you. Please ensure that your contact details are up to date in Manage My Booking. Helen

Which is a worry as I'm.still waiting for a final response from BA 're first flight
I’m hoping that it gets called off, maybe after first day of strike fingers crossed for us all

Edited at 07:39 AM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Interesting articles are appearing now about how BA are handling their commitment to customers.

e.g telegraph/news/201...ger-confusion/

Hopefully things will get sorted out, or at the very least get easier to rearrange soon.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Now the dust has settled, off to Gatwick this evening. When I first phoned BA I asked to be rerouted via Dublin there was plenty of availability and they refused. I now have to spend a further 3 days in Orlando and have booked my own accommodation to stay in my resort. Am now most annoyed to find that they should have booked and paid for it. They have really not meant their obligations at all with regard to EU law on anything. Hope everyone is now sorted. I have already submitted my accommodation costs to BA, they better come up with the money other wise they be in the small claims court. Rant over.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Have a wonderful holiday, relax now & enjoy, chase the money when you’re back
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
FINALLY

My email to the CEO worked as I just got a call from the customer service whose first words were, I understand you contacted the CEO! Whether it was that or not I don’t know as neither do I care

Upshot

My flight should not have been listed as potentially being CX or disrupted. Therefore we could be put back on the original flight or any other flight of my choice. I have been reimbursed this afternoon for the additional parking that I paid out for my daughter at LGW and the added hold luggage she decided to add due to the extended stay. He also pre-booked three seats together on the flight FOC and more importantly, as my flight home is in he danger strike zone, I have a direct line to get things sorted with my own personal reference number.

He was very pleasant and professional. It’s a shame that the people up a few levels who make these stupid decisions aren’t of the same calibre.

Good luck everyone.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List