Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

I dont understand all the smaller detail like that doesnt make sense if MMH were happy to continue with the booking or is it because at the time it was booked it was under freedom so had to move to a different agent regardless if original still trading.

I hope your all sorted soon, I still cant believe what has happened and the devastating aftermath. My heart goes out to you all and the staff at TC , we used them twice last year both times outstanding service. Such a shame for everyone
xx
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Thanks Mattie I feel emotional to greatful my holiday is safe but really sad that I won’t be able to have your help with the planning and have the more personalised experience 😢
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Ive never used your company Mattie, I have made a price enquiry once in the past. What I have seen on here would consider you for future bookings.
Good luck moving forward xx
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
Hey guys

So sorry for the silence on here, as you can imagine it has been an extremely stressful few days, there has been a lot of confusion, not just for you but for us.

We were over the last few days, making plans with suppliers to transfer bookings to our New ABTA number so we could continue to look after you, but we had a blow today on the conference call with the CAA that indeed Hays Travel Ltd will be taking over ALL of our Freedom ATOL bookings. under their ATOL number 5534

It's so sad and i'm sat here trying to hold back the tears because we have to hold it together as whats more important to US is that YOU get your Holidays.

As we now have a new ABTA number (P7484) under Midcounties, it means we can trade again! We will remain to keep our relationships with the suppliers we use to continue to offer great prices and what we would think we give, great customer service.

However for us it means for us its like starting from scratch!

This isn't important to us at the moment, we wont be taking ANY new bookings until all customers are all informed accordingly and sorted in the transition.

We hope our constant transparency though the process will be enough to have you guys have the confidence to use us in the future.

As i said before, we are not going ANYWHERE!

I can;t reply to any individual questions regarding bookings at the moment unfortunately as I am now tied however what i can say is

1 - the CAA have advised NOT to contact Hays yet
2. Tomorrow we have a conference call with Hays and the CAA and hopefully some clarity on the transition process for you all.

Again thank you for your support it really is a pleasure
I feel really emotional reading this! Makes me even more gutted our holiday won’t be with you now, but I’m glad you are able to continue trading. You can rest assured that I will definately be coming to you FIRST for any subsequent Florida bookings. I truly cannot express how impressed I am by the quality and personal touch of your customer care. I’m sure all the other dibbers in the same boat as me feel exactly the same x
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mattie, Myah and Richard, just wanted to say we truly appreciate all your hard work and effort you have put into trying to help everyone.

We are very grateful to hear that our holiday is safe but 💔 broken hearted not to be dealing with the Dream Team anymore... Will just have to book 2021 with you 😉😎

Thank you 😍 DUNXandWILL

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Gutted we are nt with you guys anymore. Should we want to cancel with Hays and re book. Would we lose our deposit?
All that work you and Myah have done just handed to Hays. You must be feeling sick. Sorry.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
Hey guys

So sorry for the silence on here, as you can imagine it has been an extremely stressful few days, there has been a lot of confusion, not just for you but for us.

We were over the last few days, making plans with suppliers to transfer bookings to our New ABTA number so we could continue to look after you, but we had a blow today on the conference call with the CAA that indeed Hays Travel Ltd will be taking over ALL of our Freedom ATOL (6042) bookings, under Hays ATOL number 5534

It's so sad and i'm sat here trying to hold back the tears because we have to hold it together as whats more important to US is that YOU get your Holidays.

As we now have a new ABTA number (P7484) under Midcounties, it means we can trade again! We will remain to keep our relationships with the suppliers we use to continue to offer great prices and what we would think we give, great customer service.

However for us it means for us its like starting from scratch!

This isn't important to us at the moment, we wont be taking ANY new bookings until all customers are all informed accordingly and sorted in the transition.

We hope our constant transparency though the process will be enough to have you guys have the confidence to use us in the future.

As i said before, we are not going ANYWHERE!

I can;t reply to any individual questions regarding bookings at the moment unfortunately as I am now tied however what i can say is

1 - the CAA have advised NOT to contact Hays yet
2. Tomorrow we have a conference call with Hays and the CAA and hopefully some clarity on the transition process for you all.

Again thank you for your support it really is a pleasure
Glad holiday is safe but gutted it’s not with you guys! 😭 you certainly haven’t lost us as a customer and we will be back for future bookings! I wish you luck getting back on your feet but no doubt in my mind you’ll spring back quickly! Xx
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Gutted we are nt with you guys anymore. Should we want to cancel with Hays and re book. Would we lose our deposit?
All that work you and Myah have done just handed to Hays. You must be feeling sick. Sorry.
That's my question also - Our flights were TC so assuming Hays will re-source this element for us. But if I'm not happy with the price or arrangements (i.e. now indirect) can I cancel and get deposit back?

Equally we don't go until Sep next year so will probably be a while before we hear anything if bookings going in date order. With free DDP offer ending soon I have seen a few packages where I am happy with the price available but can I cancel & get a refund from my current booking with the freedom travel group.

Unsure as to what to do for the best at present.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

So sad - Mattie and team losing 90% of business in one go

Albeit my holiday moves over to Hays, I had TC flights included, so reckon my holiday will be cancelled as travel weekly statement said

“Under the agreement, Hays will liaise with Freedom agents’ customers overseas and ensure payments are made to hoteliers and other suppliers...

It will also be responsible for refunding forward bookings including flights with Thomas Cook Airlines and will become the Atol-holder for bookings including flights with other airlines.”

I read to mean my whole package will be cancelled
So confusing
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I still think our money paid will be lost in the insolvency and we will have to claim that back and then repay it over to hays but who knows!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List