Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
So sad - Mattie and team losing 90% of business in one go

Albeit my holiday moves over to Hays, I had TC flights included, so reckon my holiday will be cancelled as travel weekly statement said

“Under the agreement, Hays will liaise with Freedom agents’ customers overseas and ensure payments are made to hoteliers and other suppliers...

It will also be responsible for refunding forward bookings including flights with Thomas Cook Airlines and will become the Atol-holder for bookings including flights with other airlines.”

I read to mean my whole package will be cancelled
So confusing
The more I look at it the more I think you are right . Hopefully a bit more clarification over the coming days so we know where we stand and can get re-booked with the free DDP offer.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
Evening guys

Thank you for your patience at this time, i am just about to sign off for the night i need some sleep and food lol

As you are aware i did a live video this evening to give some clarity, i felt it really important to speak myself rather than just type. Our customers are so important.

I have been on a conference call tonight with the CAA, and we have two more tomorrow.

We should have so much more clarity by COB tomorrow and I will be doing another LIVE tomorrow evening after phone lines close at 6pm.

Even though our phone lines close at 6 at the moment, we are working still after that to make sure all loose ends from that day are tied up so we can start on the next batch of departures the next day.

I just want to make you aware that we are now a member of midcounties consortium, and can trade as normal and take new bookings now...if we wanted to. BUT we are NOT taking any new bookings until we have spoken to ALL customers.

This may take a few days and possibly until the end of the week and we have to work in departure order.

Unfortunately if your holiday with us is a THOMAS COOK HOLIDAY PACKAGE it has been cancelled and pretty much bar a small handful (literally) have been contacted and they can claim their money back through the CAA with their ATOL certificate and confirmation.

I am really tired now so going to get some rest, but trust me as previously stated we have not gone bust, were not going anywhere and were doing so much behind the scenes to get things sorted for everyone!

Thank you again for your continued support , I am praying that the loss of Thomas Cook does not harm our reputation as its at no fault of our own, we just want to make sure you all get looked after and sorted.

Once this is all out of the way I will be having a huge bottle of wine ...

(ive just amended all my spelling typos apologies falling asleep at my desk :P)

Mattie
Mattie, I said about 18 months ago when you were feeding back information in a thread that if I ever were to use a travel agent (I prefer DIY) you and yours would be the only one I would be tempted by based on your responses and information at the time (around the time Virgin overbooked the FD offer and was scrambling, you were trying to help, and offer advice). When I read the first post on this thread my heart sank for you, but reading your responses, and how professionally and empathetically you have handled and are handling this crisis only confirms even more that I would happily use you in the future and recommend you.

Well done working through what must have been a very hard few weeks, getting contingencies in place for the company, and the hard work you are all putting in to helping others through this. I hope you have many more years, and maybe we will work with you someday . Thank you

Edit to add I’ve read the rest of the thread now and am gutted for you and your customers that your bookings are being taken away. I hope there can be some resolution where they can move them back to you
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 12:30 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Aww Mattie, whilst I understand why it has to be this outcome with regard to existing bookings I'm sure your conduct and transparency will in the long run help you build the business into something even more special.
You guys must be utterly wrung out with the pressure and uncertainty.
I literally grew up in the travel business as my Dad owned a travel agency chain in Surrey and I worked for him throughout my teens in the days where service meant something in the travel business. You guys display that same dedication and care for your clients and truely are a credit to the industry.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Me too😩 hate the uncertainty and the fact that I will know more about Disney than hays do!
To be fair Hays are extremely reputable and many of their consultants have decades of experience. You may be pleasantly surprised

Edited at 10:58 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

I wonder how long it will take for the CAA website to be updated with the announcement Hays is taking over Freedom Travel bookings.
I can see this is going to be a long stressful process and for weeks we wont know the answers or get confirmation of our bookings or cancellations, by which time replacement TC flights will be sky high!
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you think there’s any point ringing Hays?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have a Hays branch near me however think they will be in the dark - just like us!
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Do you think there’s any point ringing Hays?
In one of Matties comments he said customers were advised not to ring Hays at the moment. I think from reading your previous posts we are in a similar situation to you. As it stands I do feel reassured that our current booking is safe, the only thing I would have been wanting at this stage is our flight ref. Number to book our seats- but I’m just feeling grateful to have a booking at the moment! I’m gonna hold off a couple of weeks and let everything settle down I think. Mattie is doing another live chat in FB tonight so will see if there is any further clarification. A bit worried it could be weeks and weeks before Hays get round to us but at the end if the day it’s out of our hands 😩
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

So an announcement just been put on Facebook about freedom bookings with TC flights these are essentially cancelled,but with regards to Disney hotels nothing is cancelled as of yet so maybe some hope of saving my booking and getting flights myself
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

If it were me then I think I would find it difficult to wait and would want to be proactive to see how my booking stands. The problem with waiting is that if your stay includes Disney and the entire thing is cancelled and you need to re-book aren’t you at risk of not getting free dining as that ends soon.

Edited at 11:20 AM.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List