Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Zero point ringing my magic holidays as closed their phone lines.
Hays is constantly engaged.
So I called virgin Atlantic direct. Who I thought I had a booking with via my Magic. Apparently I don’t.

I don’t want to sit and wait I want to book my seats and check prices have nt risen. If so I will need to cancel and re book. If it’s too late I miss free dining. I’ve been patient (for me) now I’m just finding it very frustrating having no answers and no way of talking to anyone!
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

And finally got hold of Hays. Think I used a different number of got lucky. Although I’m no further forward. They ve only just found out they are getting our bookings, none of our bookings have been sent over yet. So they could nt tell me a single thing.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Zero point ringing my magic holidays as closed their phone lines.
Hays is constantly engaged.
So I called virgin Atlantic direct. Who I thought I had a booking with via my Magic. Apparently I don’t.

I don’t want to sit and wait I want to book my seats and check prices have nt risen. If so I will need to cancel and re book. If it’s too late I miss free dining. I’ve been patient (for me) now I’m just finding it very frustrating having no answers and no way of talking to anyone!
We have similar booking for August. Flights are yet to be released for all of August which I suppose could be why Virgin would not have the booking. My Disney booking still shows in MDE.

All the info from MMH and the CAA statements suggest that Hays will take over forward bookings under their ATOL on the same basis only difference being you pay balance to Hays.

I don’t think there is an entitlement to a refund since nothing has been cancelled. I suppose Hays may offer that option? However, I am just going to wait and see the updates to follow.
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

After the update I'm none the wiser if a booking for just Disney 2020 stay and tickets (no flights) will move to Hays or not? As the Freedom ATOL number is mentioned but a stay only isn't covered by ATOL and is covered by ABTA? However our confirmation email does mention Freedom ATOL number...

So confusing. I'd much prefer to keep the booking with Mattie and co, but no idea on the info given where I stand. I have time to wait so not too concerned, but if for some reason I have to cancel/claim and re-book I need to know ASAP as Disney Dining for 2020 will expire soon.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

And finally got hold of Hays. Think I used a different number of got lucky. Although I’m no further forward. They ve only just found out they are getting our bookings, none of our bookings have been sent over yet. So they could nt tell me a single thing.
Patience... Mattie said it would be a few days and then they will be working thro bookings on a date order. As you are over 300 days away I reckon you will have to wait a bit. I’m just relaying what Mattie said earlier, I no interest in ipthis personally and I hope you get sorted.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Any indicator when they would be in a position of being able to give more information?
It’s abit worrying that Disney dining ends soon and potentially lots could lose the benefit of that offer due to this mess.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Any indicator when they would be in a position of being able to give more information?
It’s abit worrying that Disney dining ends soon and potentially lots could lose the benefit of that offer due to this mess.
No idea. Said she could nt give a date for anything.
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Patience... Mattie said it would be a few days and then they will be working thro bookings on a date order. As you are over 300 days away I reckon you will have to wait a bit. I’m just relaying what Mattie said earlier, I no interest in ipthis personally and I hope you get sorted.
The problem is those who want to take advantage of the Disney dining offer and it ends soon. If the worst happens and they lose the booking and have to re-book, it’s natural they would still want the free Disney dine
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

No idea. Said she could nt give a date for anything.
Ridiculously frustrating.
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

While the message from MB cascaded in this thread is clear, when the likes of DLP are stating the below it is going to raise customer questions regarding their holiday security.

As a result, customers are worried...

Note.. Not my comms below.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List