Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

My 9 year old had her room done last yr left her to choose the colours she choose teal and yellow painted the walls teal and skirting yellow her bedroom furniture is oak and added white thin shelves and wall hooks for her scarf and bag collections. Surprised how good it looked and matched up should last her for years !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My daughters a bit younger at 11 but we've just decorated her room, 3 walls are grey and the feature wall is rose gold painted (wilko Metallic range for the rose gold) a new bed which is a grey leather one that's an ottoman so a lot of her stuff is now stored away but can be gotten to when she needs it and she's got rose gold accessories they have some lovely ones in primark and wilko and asda and wooden plaques hung up with quotes on that look nice and more grown up. I'm at work will try and add a pic later, I'm really pleased with it.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Their room is a mess but this is what it currently looks like. They’ve got a big L shaped bunk bed and just by getting rid of this they’ll create a lot of room. The wallpaper is Disney princess so needs made a bit older.

Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Their room is a mess but this is what it currently looks like. They’ve got a big L shaped bunk bed and just by getting rid of this they’ll create a lot of room. The wallpaper is Disney princess so needs made a bit older.

I spy Pokemon and Anime, my teen daughter loves these plus Marvel. Her bedroom is currently pale blue painted walls with a giant Loki feature sticker on one wall.

She is wanting a large, signed photo in frame of Tom Holland (Spider-Man) for Christmas so we are looking at re-painting and maybe losing Loki for a more ‘grown up’ look. X
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Tbh my sister is 20 and would enjoy that sorta space theme!
I think small double is a great size for a teen if you have room for both, then keep the furniture really light (I have totally white furniture in my room, if you went like the darker blue on the headboard wall, with the constellations as stickers, then have a more neutral colour depending on there accents (like a warm colour if they like rose goldy stuff, or a light grey?) but to make a room carry a colour that dark you do need lighter furniture. I’ll attach a pick of my colour way, it’s not spacey but it’s neutral and grown up without looking old or childish?

Excuse the disheveled cushions... but my wardrobe, bookcases and desks are white (billy bookcases and Alex drawer combination from Ikea and a white sliding door wardrobe)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?

Edited at 06:56 PM.
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah their wardrobes and furniture is white so I’d want either white or grey beds to match, will have a look online now, I’ve never bought a bed online.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Yeah their wardrobes and furniture is white so I’d want either white or grey beds to match, will have a look online now, I’ve never bought a bed online.
Have a look at John Lewis, mines the Wilton bedframe, which isn’t expensive but it’s solid, the Ikea ones are alright, but then you have to get an Ikea mattress as they are a slightly odd size! My sister and boyfriend got a fab deal on an oak furniture land frame - it was in the sale?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DD22 has a small double from Argos. It has a lift up ottoman mattress so you can store things underneath. Might be used if they have a lot of ‘stuff’.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List