Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
New2dl
New Poster (4)

Mobile Day in Paris

My family and I are currently at DLP, having a great time, thanks to your tips! We would like to do a day trip into Paris from DLP, to see some of the sights. Can anyone suggest a child friendly itinerary for a 8 and 5 year old? Eiffel tower is a must, but not sure what else is must and logistically doable in a day! TIA!
New2dl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We did this a few years ago. My dds were a little older though.

We got the train and the metro and circled the city on the metro. We went to Montmatre. And then just popped up from the metro to look at various sights.

We wanted to be back to see Wishes so we didn’t see much in depth.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

We just did this during a stay this week. My girls are teenagers but we did the following:

RER Line A from Marne Le Vallee (DLP station) direct to Charles De Gaulle Etoile station (took about 45 mins and it was a double decker train which was cool!) Change to Metro at Charles De Gaulle Etoile and get the green line to Trocadero stop. Come out and walk about 2 mins and you turn the corner and there is a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower which is great for photos. It is a 10 min walk to the tower from there past the fountains and across the bridge.

We then took a Batobus boat on the Seine (it is a hop on and hop off type service so no narration). From there we went past Notre Dame and got off at the Louvre. Wouldn't recommend this for younger kids though. We walked through the Tuilleries Gardens which is lovely.

Then got a metro to Sacre Coeur and took the furnicular railway up. Then we walked around Montmartre which is nice and got the metro back to Charles De Gaulle Etoile.

It was a long day as we were staying at Village Nature so had a 25 min bus journey before we even got to DLP but we all loved it. I have been to DLP many times and was always nervous about the visit to Paris but with a bit of research it was really easy and a great experience.

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We took a 5 and 9 year old for the day, and did similar things to NixieH. My 5 year old fell asleep on the metro when we were heading back out of Paris at about 11pm, but she had a good rest the next day!

We started off at Sacre Coeur and took the furnicular up to Montmartre. I think we went to the Arc de Triomphe next as my 9 year old was keen to see it. Then we went to the Eiffel Tower - took the lift up to the top and walked down. We had a walk along the Seine, and had crepes in a little cafe. We visited the outside of the Louvre but didn’t go in, as I didn’t know how much the girls would enjoy it. We also went to Notre Dame in the evening, and back to see the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night. I know we did a little bit of shopping in the markets, but I can’t remember what else - it was a pretty full-on day, but we all enjoyed it.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We did the RER line A to Auber. Came out of the station and crossed the road to the hop on hop off bus tour and did the tour getting on and off when we wanted.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

evening visit to paris during our trip?doable?

hello.we go to dlp for 4days end of oct. we plan to spend the day in the park all day fri and sat and Halloween party sat evening. Sun evening I had thought of visiting the eiffeltower? could you do this after tea time? is a few hours enough? would love to see it lit up. would we have to have our tickets prebooked for train and Eiffel tower or can we wait and see when there?twokids with us10 and almost 5.
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
hello.we go to dlp for 4days end of oct. we plan to spend the day in the park all day fri and sat and Halloween party sat evening. Sun evening I had thought of visiting the eiffeltower? could you do this after tea time? is a few hours enough? would love to see it lit up. would we have to have our tickets prebooked for train and Eiffel tower or can we wait and see when there?twokids with us10 and almost 5.
I think I’ve replied on your other thread about visiting the Eiffel Tower at night (assuming that was you!) but just wanted to add about the train. You should be able to arrange both at the last minute, but it depends how long you’ll have spare for queuing.

My 5 year old was poorly the day we originally meant to go into Paris, so we had to go two days later than planned, and it was fine. Not pre-booking the Eiffel Tower did mean a long queue for tickets, but that was better than wasting pre-booked tickets the day she was ill! It does depend how long you’ll have there though - we were at the tower mid-afternoon, so we had plenty of time to queue. It might be a problem if they had to close the queue ready for closing later in the evening.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I think I’ve replied on your other thread about visiting the Eiffel Tower at night (assuming that was you!) but just wanted to add about the train. You should be able to arrange both at the last minute, but it depends how long you’ll have spare for queuing.

My 5 year old was poorly the day we originally meant to go into Paris, so we had to go two days later than planned, and it was fine. Not pre-booking the Eiffel Tower did mean a long queue for tickets, but that was better than wasting pre-booked tickets the day she was ill! It does depend how long you’ll have there though - we were at the tower mid-afternoon, so we had plenty of time to queue. It might be a problem if they had to close the queue ready for closing later in the evening.
Do you know what time the Eiffel Tower closes? Thanks for the help. I think we will not prebook anything and see how the trip goes and what we want to do come the time etc we might end up opting for a lazy evening after a few busy park days lol
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Do you know what time the Eiffel Tower closes? Thanks for the help. I think we will not prebook anything and see how the trip goes and what we want to do come the time etc we might end up opting for a lazy evening after a few busy park days lol
Not sure what date you’re going, but this has all the opening times and last ascent times, plus any other details you might want. I’m just not sure how early you’d need to queue to buy tickets on the day - we were there on an August day, so hopefully an October evening will be much quieter.

toureiffel.paris/en/rates-opening-times
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

[QUOTE=Elodie;14110904]Not sure what date you’re going, but this has all the opening times and last ascent times, plus any other details you might want. I’m just not sure how early you’d need to queue to buy tickets on the day - we were there on an August day, so hopefully an October evening will be much quieter.

That’s great.
Thank you 😁 Appreciate the help