Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Definitely wait to book when there’s an offer on, and check other country’s sites.

We first went in August 2016, and paid £800 for five days in Cheyenne (four of us). When we were pricing up May/June last year, there wasn’t anything even close in price, so we assumed prices had shot up out of our reach. Then I spotted a great offer on the French site - £600 for five days in Santa Fe during school holidays. It was a lovely walk to the parks and we took our own breakfasts with us - croissants, brioche and pain au chocolat from B&Ms! We drove and used clubcard vouchers for the tunnel, so our only travel expenses were petrol and tolls.

Also, I’m not sure where you have priced up, but you said you weren’t getting tickets with your Disney hotel stay, which is quite unusual, so I’m assuming hotels.com or similar? You’re best booking direct with Disney or a Disney agent, so that your tickets are included with your Disney hotel stay. Our £600 holiday included five days of tickets, and I think buying five day tickets for four of us or four annual passes separately would have probably cost about that alone.

On a similar note, breakfast shouldn’t cost £45 each, especially at the cheaper hotels, so avoid any deal trying to charge you that. The half board meal plan is only £48 for the Newport Bay level, and that would get you breakfast AND a main meal in the parks / hotels. For standard level, it’s only £34 for two meals a day.
Thanks for the info and it sounds like you got a great deal. How do you get into the French DLP site?

I was looking on the official DLP site, and I only put in for hotel a hotel search, but perhaps it did include the park tickets. We would only want 2 days of park tickets for a 3 night stay.

The breakfast price you mention sounds more like it, because £45 each per breakfast did seem very expensive. I don't eat that much for breakfast, and my wife usually just has toast or a crossaint even when we eat at buffet breakfasts in hotels, so Starbucks would be good enough for us.

Thanks again.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The prices of the hotels are roughly the same as the Orlando hotels when you include tickets. As mentioned all the on-site (except Davey Crocket) are walkable. Wait for offers or try other European countries sites. You can book their offers but it has to be in that currency. So if you book a German offer you pay in Euros. Book transport separately. Avoid weekends. Only go at holiday times if you have to.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We've never been to DLP before, so I thought we might go there for a few days next year as a little getaway. I tried to get quotes for Newport Bay hotel for June, but DLP are only booking rooms into early April 2020 (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I put in some off peak midweek dates for October and November and one room for 2 people at Newport Bay is coming out at over £400 a night. A pre booked breakfast buffet comes out at about £45 each a day.

We aren't that fussed about going to DLP, and if those are the normal rates, without meals, tickets and flights on top, then no way will we pay that those prices, as 3 nights would work out at over £2,000 and it's definitely not worth that to us.

I appreciate that there is cheaper accommodation, but we want somewhere within walking distance, and don't want to be shipped in and out every day by coach/train.

Am I missing something or is it really that expensive?

Why not look to stay offsite?. I myself have only ever stayed onsite but with HNY going through a refurb I'd say prices will probably stay high. I am now thinking my next trip I will opt to stay off site, after all it's basically only a room to sleep in. Look in the Val De Europe area. it's only a 5 minute train journey or a short uber ride and you can save hundreds.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have booked for two nights in early December with the free hand board offer and tickets included it has come out at £625 for two adults. We are looking to fly the day before- he flights from Manchester with the times we want are coming out about £70 each and we are going to stay in an airport hotel that night too which will be about £70 again. Total cost with extras like snacks and drinks etc for the three nights/four days will probs be around £1000. It isn't cheap but I thought it was ok for Christmas time!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

If you book through DLP tickets are included from the time you check in until midnight on your checkout day.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DD and I haven't been for 3 1/2 years, and I checked last week - the costs have really increased since then (this would be our 11th trip there).
edit - I think what makes it worse for us up here in the frozen north is that Easyjet stopped flying to Paris from Newcastle, and Air France are more expensive which adds onto the increased DLP costs; and to travel from elsewhere would mean extra travel and an overnight stay so it wouldn't help with costs.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 01:07 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

For what its worth. Air france are cheap from edinburgh. We have booked DLH in dec this year, last time we were in DLH was a good 6 years ago, the cost is pretty much the same *if* the free premium dining plan is of use (we did auberge and inventions last time so i factor that into the cost). Last time was children stop free i think.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
For what its worth. Air france are cheap from edinburgh.
Good to know, but we'd still need to drive up there the day before and stay the night which would negate any savings.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Im assuming you are south of ncl. Consider the vernight ferry from hull to zeebrugge. The drive is really easy from zebrugge (ive done some trippies with that route a couple of times). You can be in dlp before lunch and are refreshed from overnight sleep on ferry.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We've never been to DLP before, so I thought we might go there for a few days next year as a little getaway. I tried to get quotes for Newport Bay hotel for June, but DLP are only booking rooms into early April 2020 (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I put in some off peak midweek dates for October and November and one room for 2 people at Newport Bay is coming out at over £400 a night. A pre booked breakfast buffet comes out at about £45 each a day.

We aren't that fussed about going to DLP, and if those are the normal rates, without meals, tickets and flights on top, then no way will we pay that those prices, as 3 nights would work out at over £2,000 and it's definitely not worth that to us.

I appreciate that there is cheaper accommodation, but we want somewhere within walking distance, and don't want to be shipped in and out every day by coach/train.

Am I missing something or is it really that expensive?

Just a heads up mickey house. A new special offer for your dates will go live on 23rd Oct. This offer includes up to 20% off the hotel and ticket price, free half board and a €100 gift card. Hope that helps.

Edited at 05:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List