Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Ruby Wax in the paper today... I wonder if an offer comes from Hollywood if she would be on the first plane over there ?
Get what you mean but I doubt there’ll be an offer from anywhere, far less Hollywood.
A bit like Billy Connelly at the climate change protests in Glasgow the other week. Given that he lives in Florida I wonder if he’s turned his air conditioning off to help. Hypocritical celebrities really annoy me.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Get what you mean but I doubt there’ll be an offer from anywhere, far less Hollywood.
A bit like Billy Connelly at the climate change protests in Glasgow the other week. Given that he lives in Florida I wonder if he’s turned his air conditioning off to help. Hypocritical celebrities really annoy me.
The celebrity mantra do as I say not as I do
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Our local labour party are whoring a local event where they have speakers from here there and everywhere including two members of extinction rebellion.

I know of people who have asked for refunds due to the alignment with ER by the labour party.
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

On my way back in for another night of trying to take back London from these bloody idiots
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Extinction Rebellion attacking London City airport this morning.
In addition to their usual tactics, they have booked a flight to Dublin, and are obstructing the cabin crew.
Could be charged with terrorism
offences rather than public order, have to wait and see.
Footage from inside plane just shown on Sky News.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Utter idiots- and this comes from someone who bought and does all his journeys in an electric car as I am concerned about emissions.
Momentum - the hard left group behined Corbyn's and McDonnell's rise to power have been involved-
theguardian/environm...climate-crisis
Unfortunately this is what happens when the police are ordered to sit idly by, and allow law breaking en mass previously (obstruction of highway) as happened a few months back. It causes anarchy as more and more just join in next time. Fortunately it seems that the lily livers giving the instructions last time, have had thier backsides kicked to get arresting. Note- I am talking about the commanding officers and others who make the decisions- not the police on the ground who I wholehartedly support.
Imagine if next time it is 'Free Tommy Robinson' who occupy London- "But sir, you allowed Extinction Rebellion to park a boat there and obstruct the highway- why shouldn't we have the same rights of peaceful protest?". Anarchy.
Good luck Bernard- hope it is going well.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Extinction Rebellion attacking London City airport this morning.
In addition to their usual tactics, they have booked a flight to Dublin, and are obstructing the cabin crew.
Could be charged with terrorism
offences rather than public order, have to wait and see.
Footage from inside plane just shown on Sky News.
Just seeing this on bbc news website, again people protesting with no care for impacting on people's day to day lives... See he had his phone aloft probably live streaming it to anyone who gives a monkeys, I'm all for doing my bit myself but going about it in ways like this is wrong
bbc/news/uk-50000110

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
an 83 year old man was arrested today at the airport as part of the extinction rebellion protests, thats the third time he has been arrested this week.

Wonder how many of the arrests are for the same people.
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
an 83 year old man was arrested today at the airport as part of the extinction rebellion protests, thats the third time he has been arrested this week.

Wonder how many of the arrests are for the same people.
It’s such a drain on the polices time and resources
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
It’s such a drain on the polices time and resources
yep, my local force has had to send officers, which means local areas dont have as much coverage as they would have.