Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I read yesterday that they were planning this and were going to sit across the departure gate to prevent passengers boarding. It would have been such a shame if I had been travelling in my pointiest stilletos and I accidentally trod somewhere painful. I am sooo clumsy... 😏
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I read yesterday that they were planning this and were going to sit across the departure gate to prevent passengers boarding. It would have been such a shame if I had been travelling in my pointiest stilletos and I accidentally trod somewhere painful. I am sooo clumsy... 😏
👠👠👠👠😮😮😮, I was just saying to my eldest daughter about this, she's off to tenerife soon and said if her flight was held up by protests she would seriously flip her lid... She's a moody mare so I dread to think how they'd suffer 😉😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
we're off to the south of france on the 13th and were due to fly LHR-MRS. With a bit of planning I've persuaded SWMBO that we should drive instead. While I have little faith in the provenance of MoS's information I dont really want to risk my only week holiday this year.

Ironically enough, XR have paid for this holiday anyway through all the overtime i earnt when they first came out. So its their fault that i'll be driving a 3l diesel X5 from NW Kent to Provence
Oh I love the irony of your last sentence!
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
👠👠👠👠😮😮😮, I was just saying to my eldest daughter about this, she's off to tenerife soon and said if her flight was held up by protests she would seriously flip her lid... She's a moody mare so I dread to think how they'd suffer 😉😉
😂 Go girl! 👍🏻They would deserve it. 😋
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

..dont forget the spoked umbrella you were carrying in case of the rain !
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

BBC R4 asked ER organiser Rupert Reid to take part in a studio discussion this morning. He refused because BBC had invited a guest with opposing views to his.
He was in school with Boris apparently.
Appeared on BBC Politics Live where with tear filled eyes he rolled up his sleeve, revealing the names of his nieces scrawled in what looked like red lipstick. If he is arrested at the protest he will tell Police he's doing it for them.
When asked their age he said one is about ten, the other in their teens.

BBC Nick Watt was on the Dublin plane tweeting a report of the incident. Pilot had to refuel the plane.

ER now blocking Docklands Light Railway front entrance with a sit down. Everybody is just using the other entrance 20m away.

ER looking more like Keystone Cops every day.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
..dont forget the spoked umbrella you were carrying in case of the rain !
Of course! Mary Poppins never travels anywhere without her umbrella.😊🌂👠😉
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
BBC R4 asked ER organiser Rupert Reid to take part in a studio discussion this morning. He refused because BBC had invited a guest with opposing views to his.
He was in school with Boris apparently.
Appeared on BBC Politics Live where with tear filled eyes he rolled up his sleeve, revealing the names of his nieces scrawled in what looked like red lipstick. If he is arrested at the protest he will tell Police he's doing it for them.
When asked their age he said one is about ten, the other in their teens.

BBC Nick Watt was on the Dublin plane tweeting a report of the incident. Pilot had to refuel the plane.

ER now blocking Docklands Light Railway front entrance with a sit down. Everybody is just using the other entrance 20m away.

ER looking more like Keystone Cops every day.
I am in London next week for a few days away with my husband. We are staying in Docklands and will be using the DLR to get to and from the hotel. We have had the crapiest few months ever and are really looking forward to our few days away. I swear to god if they disrupt my break I will using more than stilletos and umbrella! 🤬🤬
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I am in London next week for a few days away with my husband. We are staying in Docklands and will be using the DLR to get to and from the hotel. We have had the crapiest few months ever and are really looking forward to our few days away. I swear to god if they disrupt my break I will using more than stilletos and umbrella! 🤬🤬
There is more than one DLR stop in the area. For example if you are staying at the travelodge you could walk to the pontoon dock station which would avoid LCY airport (assuming the tree huggers havent stopped the dlr!)
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thank you. We are staying at the Hampton by Hilton so are about halfway between Prince Regent and Prince Albert. We have stayed there before and stayed at the Aloft at Excel/Prince Regent quite a lot. Quite like staying up that way as its just a bit quieter and so easy to get in and out of Bank or Tower Gateway. It's the numpties stopping the DLR from running altogether that I am a bit worried about.