Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Be careful of going too firm especially if you are a side sleeper, the weight of your body will be perched on the mattress and cause pain to hips/shoulders etc. Maybe a pillow topped one? I would love to hear pillow recommendations as my neck is bad at moment.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Some of you will be pleased to hear we went for a Mammoth! It was a photo finish between that and the Simba. I also got a fancy latex pillow as the bed won’t be delivered for another 3 weeks, so hopefully that’ll go some way to helping my poor shoulder in the mean time. I call it my “jelly pillow”, it’s so jiggly! 😂 Thanks all so much for your recommendations, and I’ll definitely be getting a desk assessment as soon as I can.
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a temperamental back, we got an emma mattress in June and it is great, highly recommend!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

My problems were solved by a Herman Miller chair and not driving a car with a 'sit at a school desk' driving position.

Since the increased popularity of suv type cars our office has seen a lot more leg and back pain.

Not everybody of course.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MsMinervaMouse View Post
Some of you will be pleased to hear we went for a Mammoth! It was a photo finish between that and the Simba. I also got a fancy latex pillow as the bed won’t be delivered for another 3 weeks, so hopefully that’ll go some way to helping my poor shoulder in the mean time. I call it my “jelly pillow”, it’s so jiggly! 😂 Thanks all so much for your recommendations, and I’ll definitely be getting a desk assessment as soon as I can.
Ooo, you will love it. Best nights sleep ever on a Mammoth mattress.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I still massively recommend a water bed. We've had one for about 10 years now and it's the best choice we ever made, to the point that no other beds at hotels etc seem to compare. It supports your weight properly all over, and in winter you can turn its thermostat up and turn it into a big hot water bottle!

They're tough and have minimum motion, you don't get seasick and they won't burst and squirt water everywhere if you scrape it lol
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MsMinervaMouse View Post
How are you finding the Mammoth mattress? I’m seriously considering buying one cos of my back ache but it’s pretty pricey so hoping you can recommend it?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
How are you finding the Mammoth mattress? I’m seriously considering buying one cos of my back ache but it’s pretty pricey so hoping you can recommend it?

Kat
I’ve got major back issues and a Mammoth mattress. I can honestly say that when I get in bed the pain just melts away. DH also had really awful back problems before we got this mattress. It seems to have solved his completely. We bought the Mammoth pillows too and they are lovely. They are expensive but well with the cost. When this one eventually needs replacing I won’t even consider any other brand.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Which Mammoth mattress did you plump for? Just looking and they are classic, rise and shine.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I suffer with my back so we invested in a hypnos mattress and it’s so heavenly - highly recommended.
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List