Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Can any mums help with this?

Hi, I have a 4 month old baby who currently won't be held by anyone other than me or her dad! She has always been a little touchy and sensitive and selective over who holds her however even her nans can't now, where they could before.

Did anyone else experience this with their babies who could lend a little advice?
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Persevere

It gets better but push through it
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have they tried holding something of yours so she can smell you? Like a top over their shoulder or something like that
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

My dd is twelve now, so im a bit out of date, but have you tried having an item of you or dh clothing between baby and the family member so baby smells the familiar scent. Good luck. Its a fab but exhausting time.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Jinx baggers.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
Have they tried holding something of yours so she can smell you? Like a top over their shoulder or something like that
That’s what I would have suggested too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest was like this. I think it was cos she was exclusive breastfeeding and she didn’t really bother going to anyone unless she was asleep. When she was awake she only wanted me. This changed when she turned one and I took away the boob.
The eldest on other hand was bottle fed and quite happy to be with anyone as she liked to be centre of attention.

Keep going it won’t last forever I think the worse bit is when you can’t give them to someone else so that you can have a break yourself.

But youngest hardy even looked at her grandparents for 8months then maybe a little until she was 1. Now she’s fine. Has all the confidence and no problem playing,talking or interacting with uncles,aunts or grandparents
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Normal stage of development it will change.
Leave a tee-shirt you have worn so baby can be help wrapped in your smell.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you tried leaving the room or, even better, the house? My Daughter used to be a bit like this if she could sense I was still in the room. Once I started leaving the room completely she found it a lot easier to settle - within a few months she'd happily be handled by anyone without a care in the world.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

My son was like this, mainly with me, it will pass.
Your touch and smells are the most familiar xx
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List