Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 11, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Question Personalised Autograph... what are the chances ?

My husband who is quite a few years older than me has a really special birthday which I have told everyone about this year.

Well for one of his presents, something really special, I am trying to get a Personalised Autograph from his favourite singer who he has followed for years and years..

Before we married he went to nearly every concert and his last 2 concerts were his last ones and he is retiring.

I have emailed the agents who he is with and asked them if a Personalised Autograph could be obtained and waiting to hear now.

Just really wanted to know what you think my chances are and if there was any other avenue I could try.

He would be thrilled with a signed photo that said something like "Happy Birthday Nick"... something like that and signed.

Just wonder if it would happen ?

x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Whos the singer?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Emi
Imagineer

Emi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I think it would depend on how 'famous' the singer is hon. Someone who's ridiculously famous like Springsteen probably doesn't put his hand to much anymore.
Emi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

you may be able to buy an autograph from a store or record fair.

My mum is a big Alice Cooper fan and I bought her a signed autograph for mothers day one year, it wasn't really that expensive.
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It's worth trying, maybe include a stamped addressed envelope as well?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

A friend of mine tried this and it worked... she got a nice quality photograph off of ebay of said celebrity, typed up a short note and asked if they would be so kind as to sign it for her. She sent it to his place of work with a SAE and it duly came back, not only signed, but with a personal message too. She was dead chuffed.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

I would deff say go for it, find out who their agent is and do what rusty has said. You have nothing to lose, just bear in mind it could take a while to come back.
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by rusty30 View Post
A friend of mine tried this and it worked... she got a nice quality photograph off of ebay of said celebrity, typed up a short note and asked if they would be so kind as to sign it for her. She sent it to his place of work with a SAE and it duly came back, not only signed, but with a personal message too. She was dead chuffed.
brilliant idea -
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Who is it, we go to a store in Vegas that sells authentic autographs, though I have quite a few signed things just by writing to the person concerned. You need to do some research to find the right place to write though.

My successes over the years have been,

Michael Jackson R.I.P twice once with a get well note.
Janet Jackson
Celine Dion sent loads of signed stuff
Richard Branson Twice
Tony Blair quite a few times for my charity stuff
Maggie Thatcher...biggerlol
A few actors.

Try find out the promoter or agent of the person you want the signiture from.
Old 1 Mar 11, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Thank you everyone.

The singers name is Roger Chapman. He sings solo now but was in a band called "Family".

He is known in America but his fans are mainly from Britain and Germany I believe.

Thanks Egg, anyway.

Will wait for his Agents to see if they reply. Had a look on Ebay, no photos but I could always send them an Album cover and ask I suppose.

I think he would be thrilled.
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread