Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Our house is also a mixture of chic shadow and polished pebble!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We went for Pearl by macpherson trade paint which we got from our local crown decorator centre. It's one of those lovely "just seems to go with everything" colours. We got it in durable matt which is scrubable too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Could someone tell me the difference between a “warm” grey and a “cool” grey? I’ve looked at so many colours in so many brands I’m totally confused.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Could someone tell me the difference between a “warm” grey and a “cool” grey? I’ve looked at so many colours in so many brands I’m totally confused.
So, if you have a look at the picture below. The 'cool' grey's on the left have a blue base at the heart of their colour, whereas the 'warm' grey's on the right have a red tone.

Hope this helps.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
So, if you have a look at the picture below. The 'cool' grey's on the left have a blue base at the heart of their colour, whereas the 'warm' grey's on the right have a red tone.

Hope this helps.
That is super! Thank you so much. Then it is warm greys that I want as have what I know now is cool greys in two bedrooms but they have the blue/lilac tone to them so I know that is what I don’t want.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Herbster View Post
F&B Elephants Breathe

You have a lovely kitchen.

We did our hall up last year. I wanted white and a light grey, but a warm grey. Saw a lovely room on pnterest. They had used a paint from Benjamin Moore called Gray Owl. It's lovely. Their website has various tools to help choose which colour is right for your room. You can pick different rooms too and change the colours. I ordered a sample pot, there's no way I'd pay their prices. Got it colour matched at Homebase. It really is a lovely shade of grey.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
MinniMouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Farrow and ball all the way.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Redordead
New Poster (3)

Mobile Grey paint

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a pale grey colour for my hall and stairs, I've spent pounds on tester pots for a grey paint that is a true grey and the tester posts that I have are looking either too blue or too lilac.

It must be a pale grey as the area doesn't get too much natural light.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
We used Farrow and Ball Anthracite... looks good 🙌
Redordead is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

DS has just chosen Valspar weathered Cottage and Grey Shingle.
Grey Shingle looked almost black when we painted a test patch but as a whole wall it’s really nice. He wanted a dark grey on one wall with brick wallpaper on another and a lighter grey on the other 2 walls.
Valspar have some very odd paint names.
I couldn’t bring myself to buy ‘Shady Lady’ for my teenage son 😳

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

My mate is a decorator (did do commercial premises like some famous high street chains etc). He told me to get Johnsons TRADE (you need to go to one of their outlets) and if you like a matt, but which you can clean down, get their vinyl matt. You mix your own colours. I have not bought anything since. I had the lounge and dining room done about 8 years ago and it still looks like new, and since then I have done most of the house in it.