Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Florida Masters - Im losing the will to live

We booked with FM last May for 4 adults and 5 kids (myself and my husband plus kids are taking his parents).
Before we paid the balance (not due until October as travel at Xmas) we booked to go in February half term.

My school (I teach) have changed the inset day to coincide with a neighbour school and long story short I want to change that holiday but a day (travel sat-sun instead of Friday - say).
I have phoned at least 3 times left messages, emailed half a dozen times, my husband has called half a dozen times. NOTHING.
I copied in Major Travel as I think they own them? Today a reply comes asking for CRN - I replied giving invoice copies again explaining the change. Email response was oh sorry that was for the FM employee - its him who needs to phone you

He hasnt after well over a dozen attempts by us to contact.

Before I realised this inset error we paid the balance in full for Xmas...

Ive asked for e-tickets partly due to an extremely anxious child who needs to know where hes sitting and needs time and lots of to process - no response.

Im so fed up with this cowboy company and wish we had never booked February with them... the deposit is none refundable and I cant afford to write off 600 but I so wish I could rebook February with someone else.

Feel incredibly conned right now :-(

Sorry I just need to vent!
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh dear feel your pain, there was a thread on here last week about them too, dont think they could get a response from them either.
Good luck
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a lot of problems with them too. There are other threads on here about them. Dreadful customer service. We booked our seats in the bubble and I checked them regularly. Florida Masters cancelled the flight and rebooked (at a profit to themselves). Luckily I noticed it and rang them and they got our seats back. I had already rung Virgin to see what was going on and they told me to contact FM as they had no booking for us as it had been cancelled. I was livid and worried as I book for other members of the family. They tried to change our villa too. We booked a 6 bed, 6 bath villa and they rung to say it had become "unavailable " and offered us a 5 bed 3 bath villa miles away. I told them I wanted what I had paid for. They rang back a couple of hours later and the villa we booked had suddenly become available again. Then a couple of days before we flew they rang to say they couldn't get us a 12 seater vehicle and we would have to have 2 cars. When we got to MCO they didn't know what we were on about and had half a dozen to choose from. When we got back FM sent us a bill for 600 for the vehicle. Hubby got onto them and really had a go. We never paid it and never heard back from them. Good luck getting your flight ref no. so you can book your seats. It took me lots of phone calls and e mails just to get that. I wish this company would go out of business. The stress they cause is unbelieveable. Try calling them around 9pm. Good luck.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
I had a lot of problems with them too. There are other threads on here about them. Dreadful customer service. We booked our seats in the bubble and I checked them regularly. Florida Masters cancelled the flight and rebooked (at a profit to themselves). Luckily I noticed it and rang them and they got our seats back. I had already rung Virgin to see what was going on and they told me to contact FM as they had no booking for us as it had been cancelled. I was livid and worried as I book for other members of the family. They tried to change our villa too. We booked a 6 bed, 6 bath villa and they rung to say it had become "unavailable " and offered us a 5 bed 3 bath villa miles away. I told them I wanted what I had paid for. They rang back a couple of hours later and the villa we booked had suddenly become available again. Then a couple of days before we flew they rang to say they couldn't get us a 12 seater vehicle and we would have to have 2 cars. When we got to MCO they didn't know what we were on about and had half a dozen to choose from. When we got back FM sent us a bill for 600 for the vehicle. Hubby got onto them and really had a go. We never paid it and never heard back from them. Good luck getting your flight ref no. so you can book your seats. It took me lots of phone calls and e mails just to get that. I wish this company would go out of business. The stress they cause is unbelieveable. Try calling them around 9pm. Good luck.
Ill try at 9 - its so hard as this is meant to be a surprise trip in February.

I shall never ever use them again despite hoping go next summer (waiting on BA to release flights).

They are ruining the excitement for my in laws as well as causing so much bloody stress for me 😭
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppins73
A Guest at All-Stars

Whilst I understand the frustration with FM, Im confused; if your employer has changed the inset day they should be willing to honour any travel plans booked before the change. I have to attend insets (or twilights in lieu) but if it was given as a free day before, they must realise staff will have made plans.
Poppins73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The issue with inset is that I work in an infant and we usually share dates with juniors

Dates on website are incorrecg but I had an email with Correct and forgot :-(
I could speak to my head and I will if I cant sort this but I lead an SEN unit of 12 on my own (no TA (Im a HLTA)) in the mornings and would struggle for cover or supplys. That and Im studying my degree so may need to ask for the odd day if Im under too much pressure from school as well (its very confusing &#129315
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

every now and then I often think to give a company a try for my holiday and then I read these horror stories and Im always pleased I DIY.

I always find travel agents will ask you to alter your dates/airline or hotel to suit them. If Im parting with money its on my terms not theirs. Good luck getting this sorted, have faith in booking DIY its straight forward enough
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
We booked with FM last May for 4 adults and 5 kids (myself and my husband plus kids are taking his parents).
Before we paid the balance (not due until October as travel at Xmas) we booked to go in February half term.

My school (I teach) have changed the inset day to coincide with a neighbour school and long story short I want to change that holiday but a day (travel sat-sun instead of Friday - say).
I have phoned at least 3 times left messages, emailed half a dozen times, my husband has called half a dozen times. NOTHING.
I copied in Major Travel as I think they own them? Today a reply comes asking for CRN - I replied giving invoice copies again explaining the change. Email response was oh sorry that was for the FM employee - its him who needs to phone you

He hasnt after well over a dozen attempts by us to contact.

Before I realised this inset error we paid the balance in full for Xmas...

Ive asked for e-tickets partly due to an extremely anxious child who needs to know where hes sitting and needs time and lots of to process - no response.

Im so fed up with this cowboy company and wish we had never booked February with them... the deposit is none refundable and I cant afford to write off 600 but I so wish I could rebook February with someone else.

Feel incredibly conned right now :-(

Sorry I just need to vent!
How did you get on? Did you speak to anyone? Fingers x'd for you.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

It might be worth contacting ATOL or ABTA, if either FM or Major are members.

Edited at 07:23 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I called them and as expected no one answered so I left a very stern voicemail.

Told them to call me by lunch time today or even respond to one of my emails today and that it was urgent...:
I shall be calling again at 1 if they dont.

They are members of abta and Atol.