Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Advice on possible postponement of holiday

We are due to fly out in October with VH. Shock news yesterday means urgent referral for biopsy next week.
On the positive side we hoping for good news , however, thinking we may have to postpone till early next year. Would Virgin be understanding with this, is it an option.
Travelling as two parties, but our insurance doesn’t cover cancellation for people not in our party, so a big loss. We can’t go without them as this as a surprise gift to come and celebrate with us.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Virgin Holidays are amazing!

Give them a ring.
I was diagnosed with cancer last year and should have been holidaying... we now fly out in two weeks.

We were given lots of options and chose to postpone until after operations and chemotherapy etc

Needed medical clearance plus oncologist letter to say I’m fit to fly despite still being on long term chemo but virgin have been amazing.

We’ve postponed twice, amended hotels, changed grade of room all with no fuss.

They’ve arranged special assistance, complimentary lounge access at both ends, medical seating etc

You will have no problems at all with Virgin (Tui who we also had a holiday booked with were nothing but a nightmare but that’s another story)

Good luck, and fingers crossed everything ok for you
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Speak to VH ASAP. hope you get a good outcome, for holiday and for health
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post

Give them a ring.
I was diagnosed with cancer last year and should have been holidaying... we now fly out in two weeks.

We were given lots of options and chose to postpone until after operations and chemotherapy etc

Needed medical clearance plus oncologist letter to say I’m fit to fly despite still being on long term chemo but virgin have been amazing.

They’ve arranged special assistance, complimentary lounge access at both ends, medical seating etc

You will have no problems at all with Virgin (Tui who we also had a holiday booked with were nothing but a nightmare but that’s another story)

Thank you so much for this info. Still in shock atm.
It’s our Golden Wedding and as a surprise booked my daughter, sil, and grandchildren to come with us . We are paying for everything, so obviously a lot of money involved. We did it as 2 bookings so we could present them with it. It’s my daughter who has found a lump / sore in her mouth . 1 hr after seeing doctor she received a call from hospital.

If we could postpone would be wonderful, even better if it’s good news.
All Universal tickets and both the Halloween tickets bought sep but willing to lose them .
We have waited 16 months to celebrate and don’t want to add any more pressure on her thinking of the money we would lose to cancel.
Hopefully none of this will be needed but will see after next week. Thank you again
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Speak to VH ASAP. hope you get a good outcome, for holiday and for health
Thank you. Appt is just over a week away so any decision made then. Hopefully none of this will be necessary , just needed to know I had options
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post

Give them a ring.

Have an amazing time. Your situation sounds similar to me - I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago and again Virgin were brilliant. We finally got to go in 2017 & the special assistance was great - they collected me from plane with a wheelchair on landing, we were taken straight to an immigration booth and straight out to our private tf that Virgin arranged.
They'd also sorted rooms near the reception and obviously put something on our booking as Universal hotel upgraded us and I got a choc & flower delivery!
It's an awful time but you are finally going and will have the best time x
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Thank you so much for this info. Still in shock atm.
It’s our Golden Wedding and as a surprise booked my daughter, sil, and grandchildren to come with us . We are paying for everything, so obviously a lot of money involved. We did it as 2 bookings so we could present them with it. It’s my daughter who has found a lump / sore in her mouth . 1 hr after seeing doctor she received a call from hospital.

If we could postpone would be wonderful, even better if it’s good news.
All Universal tickets and both the Halloween tickets bought sep but willing to lose them .
We have waited 16 months to celebrate and don’t want to add any more pressure on her thinking of the money we would lose to cancel.
Hopefully none of this will be needed but will see after next week. Thank you again
IF you have to postpone you’ll have no issues at all with VH.
Cannot praise them enough.
From initial contact to say I was being rushed in for tests, to my hubby telling them I was then on a ventilator and that no decisions could be made they were amazing.
When I ultimately rang to rearrange they have been faultless and their customer service has been amazing.

Good luck x
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Virgin were great when I had to postpone a few years ago due to a cancer diagnosis. Hopefully you'll not need to, and appt will be good news, but honestly I think if you need to postpone they will be very helpful x
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I hope your daughter will be ok x
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I hope your daughter will be ok x
Thank you, everything crossed for good news.