Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile Help! Cat miaowing ALL NIGHT

I feel crazy asking this as my cats are 15,14 and 13 so you’d think I’d know what to do but I don’t and my youngest cat is driving me crazy.

She is literally stood at our bedroom door miaowing ALL night every night and scratching at the door. If I let her in she circles the bed miaowing at the top of her voice. I just don’t know what the matter is but I’m not sleeping and I’m on day 7 now of sleeping like an hour and I’m losing my mind and tether. She driving us nuts. I’ve had enough.

We’ve recently moved house and I know she’s struggling a bit so I’m sure it’s that but I don’t know what else to do. During the day she’s fine it’s just on a night. My other 3 are perfectly fine it’s just my youngest. I’ve honestly had enough she’s worse than a newborn and I’m trying to work full time, look after two small kids and set a house up so any sympathy and patience I had has gone. She’s always been a handful and was quite disruptive and destructive at our old house but she’d only miaow for maybe 2/3 hours - at this house it’s like 8 straight.

Does anyone know what we can possibly do? Feliway? Old clothes? Anything? I had 20 mins sleep last night and I’ve got my daughter today and a flooring fitter coming round and I have to work - I can’t think straight. Help!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

We have just moved house and could see our cat was getting stressed so we bought the Feliway classic plug in and have left it in continually since. She settled down totally almost immediately. My daughter came to stay at the weekend with her cat and once he had been here for a couple of hours he was fine too. I have ordered a spare plug in just in case and can highly recommend it. We moved 2 weeks ago today.
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

I was about to say the same - Order the Feliway plug in and hopefully she should settle, we have just brought a kitten home and she was wild my mother had her sister and she it totally chilled - Turns out my mother had the plug in. We have one now.
Give it a whirl and hope she settles for you
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Feliway and there’s another powder you can put in their food called Zylkene, it chills them out.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Our vet recommended Zylkene for one of our cats who is particularly nervous. It’s a natural product to help with anxiety. You can get a capsule form for cats and you just sprinkle it on their food.

You don’t need a prescription from the vet and you can buy online. Because it’s a natural product you can keep an animal on it short term or permanently if you want.

I have a friend who uses it too for her cat.

Feliway doesn’t work for our nervous cat.

Edited at 08:55 AM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Feliway. And earplugs!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Get a new 🐈, that ones obviously broken. Can you trade them in like a 🚙? 😂
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

The house move may be coincidental. There could be something wrong and you should go to a vet.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

We had a cat who did this.
Was fine for 6 years and then decided from 11pm to 1am and beyond he would yowl and yowl.
We took him to the vets and he was fine , plug in’s didn’t work for him either .
In the end we had to rehome him as something was clearly bothering him and thankfully our friends took him and he was fine .
Incidentally the other cat we had at the time actually started purring which he rarely did when the other cat was around , very bizarre !
Hopefully you don’t need to go that far and the plug in’s work but failing that maybe try the vets
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all - I’ll try the powder. I’m sure it’s the move, she didn’t come out from behind a box for two days (we fed her and gave her water in her hidey hole!) she’s always been like this extremely attention demanding and quite destructive, she can be a bit vicious at times too. In the last house she’d do this a lot but just not for this long. So I’m sure it’s the move - I’ll try these powders as I think she does need to chill a bit. If not I’ll take her to the vets. Thanks all.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List